How To Cook Jasmine Rice By Following Three Different Methods
Want to learn how to cook jasmine rice in the most amazing and mouthwatering way? Find out. Jasmine rice is a big part of our lives, growing up we have eaten a lot of varieties of rice from jasmine rice to brown rice to regular white rice. There are few ways you can learn how to cook jasmine rice, one such method is using an instant pot. You just have to wait for 30 minutes and your jasmine rice will be ready to eat.
If you need to cook small batches of rice like a cup or so, you can prefer another method using a stovetop. Also, not everyone has an instant pot for their rice, which is why you may also use a rice cooker or a stovetop as per your convenience.
How To Cook Jasmine Rice
What do you think perfectly cooked rice should look like? To me, they should be soft, slightly sticky, and chewy. This makes the perfect qualities of delicious rice to be eaten. Also, after your rice is cooked, you should be able to distinguish between each grain present inside of it.
Do not overcook the rice or add too much water as it will only lead to breaking down in the structure of rice which will result in making your rice sticky and giving them a mushy texture.
While using the stovetop method or the slow cooker methods for boiling or cooking your jasmine rice, you do not have to add as much water as you do in other recipes of the same sort. Not every recipe requires flooding of water be careful.
Usually adding too much water will make the bottom rice mushy. Getting the perfect ratio of adding water to rice is no less than an art, which you need to know for learning how to cook jasmine rice. For getting perfectly cooked jasmine rice every day or every time you make it, follow the recipe given below.
How To Cook Jasmine Rice Using Stovetop Method
For this method, you will require 1 cup of jasmine rice along with 1 and 1/3 cups of water and salt. Let’s see the instructions on how to cook jasmine rice.
- Rinse the rice using water and drain the excess water to remove any attached dirt particles or debris. Make sure you are repeating this cleaning process 2 or 3 times or until the water you throw out becomes clearer and clearer.
- Take out a saucepan and add 1 and 1/3rd cups of water inside it. The saucepan you are taking should have a lid to close it. Now add rice using the same cup of amount 1 cup. After you have mixed the main ingredients, make sure you are adding a half tablespoons of salt inside it. Cover the saucepan with the lid and allow the water to boil on the stove. This method will require you to wait for few minutes till then you may prepare some other recipes to eat with rice.
- Now you have to reduce the heat and make it low and allow the rice to simmer for 9 or 10 minutes more. This should be done until all the water we poured inside the rice is absorbed by the rice. It is recommended that you may use a small burner for the simmering process.
- You may turn the heat off now, and leave your saucepan as it is covered for more than 10 to 15 minutes or so for allowing the rice to absorb water completely and getting cooked perfectly.
- After waiting for few more minutes, it is time to uncover the lid placed on the saucepan and use a fork to fluff the rice. Your jasmine rice is ready to be served with anything your desire. This is the easiest to cook and if you are a beginner at cooking, you can easily use this method.
Jasmine rice is native to Thailand and the name comes from the fragrance which is quite similar to jasmine flowers. They also have a somewhat buttery aroma making them reminiscent of popcorns, after they are ready you can try smelling them. Note that salt was optional in the recipe, if you wish to add, go ahead!
2. How To Cook Jasmine Rice Using Rice Cooker
The slow cooker method can also be used to cook your jasmine rice, the ingredients required to proceed with this method include 1 cup jasmine rice and 1 and 1/4 cups of water. Let’s jump straight into the instructions to cook your rice as soon as possible.
- The first step is quite the same in all the recipes or modes we are using to cook the jasmine rice. You need to clean the rice using water and repeat the same process until you receive clean water once you pour it outside the rice into the sink maybe.
- You have to coat the rice using cooking spray to start with the slow cooker method. This method is highly important and many people make the mistake of forgetting the first step which results in sticking the rice to the cooker or burning rice that you do not want. This issue is more prominent in cooker made out of stoneware.
- Add jasmine rice and water as per the mentioned ingredients and set the cooker on low flame. Allow the rice and water mixture to remain there for 1 and a half hours. This is done to ensure that the rice is cooked evenly.
- After an hour passes you can give the rice a quick stir in between to ensure the proper cooking, this is optional but it’s great if you keep checking the texture.
- Check the rice to see if the rice has become tender. If you have found any grains bit tough on the top layer of rice, you can also drizzle some extra water on top and then flip the rice over once for another 10 to 20 minutes so that all the rice grains are cooked evenly.
- Once your jasmine rice is cooked, you can serve them with your favourite dishes.
This is all you need to know about how to cook jasmine rice using a slow cooker. This method requires a lot of time so make sure you are keeping it for long and starting to prepare the rice early than other methods to ensure that all your dishes are ready to eat at the desired time.
3. How To Cook Jasmine Rice Using Instant Pot Method
If you have an instant pot to cook your rice, you can easily follow this guide to cooking them efficiently. The ingredients needed to start cooking your rice using an instant pot include 1 and 1/2 cups of rice and 1 3/4 cups of water. Salt is optional in this recipe too, you may add if you love to. Let’s see the instructions on cooking jasmine rice using an instant pot.
- Wash the grains of jasmine rice using water and drain the water once or twice. Repeat the same till you receive clean rice and clean water while you are pouring it outside the rice. This will help you get perfect and clean rice for cooking.
- Use a measuring cup of small size that usually comes with instant pots while you buy them. Measure the rice and water to be poured inside them. If you do not have the cup right now, you may use another cup just to keep in mind to maintain the ratio.
- After adding the required ingredients inside the pot, press the button “rice” on the pot. This will either instructor guide the instant pot to cook your jasmine rice on low for 10 to 12 minutes. You have to fasten the lid too before pressing the “Rice”.
- Once your jasmine rice has cooked, allow it to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before you open the closed lid. This creates pressure inside the pot which will allow your jasmine rice to cook properly and evenly. Once this automatic pressure is released you may open the lid. If it does not open or the pressure is not released, you may do the same manually to release the pressure.
- Your jasmine rice is cooked and ready to be served with your favourite and delicious recipes. Happy Eating!
These were three methods you may use for cooking your jasmine rice. This guide helps you with how to cook your jasmine rice easily. If you have second thoughts on what else to prepare that fits best with your jasmine rice, you may try this mouthwatering chicken florentine recipe that goes well with everything and is as easier to make as your jasmine rice.