Can Stress Cause Diarrhea: What do You Think?
Our psychology is closely associated with our bodies. That is a proven fact. When our mind is not well, our health deteriorates .When we have illness in our body, our mind does not work well. Regardless of the intensity of the real trouble, the add-on becomes serious.
However, considering this factor, our medical experts have often talked and warned about the diseases that may come in this way. For example, if you have too much tension in life, you can get backache. Along with that, you can get a headache too. Similarly, if you have stomach pain or a chronic disease, your mind will never reciprocate in the same way it does. You will feel pain.
Now, get one of the most common examples of it. Diarrhea is a disturbing and problematic disease. Dehydration and stomach pain may also occur along with the constant loose motion. So, it often devastates the patient with poor health conditions.
Now, what if your mental health causes diarrhea? It is overwhelming to think about. But, yes, this is true. Your mental health can cause this trouble. If you are going through a tough time and have a stressful mind, you may have a diarrhea attack. Wondering right? You must be thinking, “can stress cause diarrhea?” Ok. So, to clear your doubts, let’s get into the details of it.
Can Stress Cause Diarrhea: What Causes Diarrhea?
So, to understand if stress can cause diarrhea or not, you have to know what results in diarrhea. The most common cause of diarrhea is a virus that majorly affects your bowel movement. The health condition is, in medical terms, called “viral gastroenteritis.” Often, the infection is seen to last for several days with the name of intestinal flu.
Except for the attack of the virus, the patients may get affected by diarrhea for some other reasons like bacterial infection, infections by other organisms, consumption of stale food, having too spicy food, high alcohol consumption, having the food allergic to you, radiation therapy, and so on. So, in this way, diarrhea may enter your body. Now, the question is; can stress cause diarrhea along with this long list of the causes? Let’s dig into the answers for it.
Can Stress Cause Diarrhea: The Details you Must Know
Well, the connection between chronic stress and the gut is powerful. They may affect each other frequently if not taken care of properly. When the patients ask; can stress cause diarrhea? The doctors often suggest focusing on improving mental health instead of stressing over the stress-diarrhea connection. Because this stress then may be added to the existing stress.
Nonetheless, the major bridge between stress and diarrhea is the hormonal changes. Whenever stress occurs, hormones start secreting. And gradually, it sends the signal to the brain to irritate the intestines. And gradually, the bowel movement affects. Finally, the patients feel like going to the washroom frequently.
Let’s know what are the effects of stress that lead to the severe condition of diarrhea:
- Stress contracts the muscles of the intestines.
- When stress occurs, the bowel gets loose.
- It reduces the intestine’s ability to drive away from the bacteria.
- It affects the immune system in the body.
- Frequent inflammation takes place.
These effects together can cause diarrhea. Nonetheless, if you are looking for the answer to a question like – can stress cause diarrhea, you must know the most crucial fact. It is the psychological upheavals caused by the stress which lead to the occurrence of diarrhea. As we said, the brain sends signals to the bowels and the intestines to get irritation inside. And in response to that signal, our psychology gets affected. And we feel an urge to release bowels and free our stomachs.
If you are stressed out for a long period of time, you will definitely get affected by it. in these cases, our nervous system is likely to respond in a way that disturbs the whole immune system.
So, you have got your answer for – can stress cause diarrhea?
Now, coming to the next part of our discussion, let’s discuss how to get rid of this cause of diarrhea. Here, let us tell you the process to cure the disease.
Can Stress Cause Diarrhea: How to Treat It?
When it is stress-induced diarrhea, you have to treat it cautiously. Along with treating the symptoms, you have to focus on reducing the main cause which is stress.
Well, antibiotics and other medications can reduce the symptom of diarrhea. But, what about the stress? How to reduce it? In our today’s life where stress is a constant companion, it is hard to get rid of it. So, how to do it? Well, here, you first have to be smart and determined.
You have to decide in your mind that you will not bring stress in your mind no matter what happens. And also, you must focus on adopting some measures. They are:
- Do not bring any negativity to anybody.
- Practice Gratitude for everybody, even if the person is
your sworn enemy.
- Do not underestimate yourself.
- Be focused on your work and do not leave them for deadlines.
- Love but do not get overwhelmed by it.
- Spend time with your loved ones.
- Learn to let go.
- Take care of yourself.
- Embrace all the goods.
- Do mindful meditation.
- Maintain a distance from the toxic people.
- Enjoy the little joys of life.
These are the major steps to be taken to reduce the stress and eventually reduce the risks of diarrhea. However, along with these steps, you must focus on some other tasks. You must perform them to reduce the stress and also to prevent it from coming back.
- Eat Healthy- The diet may vary from person to person. Having a bowl of healthy food can reduce the risks of stress and diarrhea. So, maintain a healthy diet chart that is beneficial for you. You can consult a renowned nutritionist who can help you with the personalized diet chart.
- Exercise Regularly- Like meditation, exercise also has a significant part in lowering down the risks of stress. You can join a gym or you can do it at home, whatever suits you. It is better if you take advice from a professional fitness trainer. However, if you are looking for reducing the stressful mindset, you must go for a set of exercise moves in the early morning. Also, if you have work stress, you can do the exercise any time whenever anxiety and stress start to enter your head.
- Morning walk can be beneficial: If you are aged enough for exercise, a simple morning walk inhaling the fresh morning air can do a lot. So, take your pet dog or your walking companion with you and go for a healthy walk.
- Speak up about mental stress: We tend to hide it. We do not know why, but we hide it. Probably, it feels that nobody is going to listen to us. The stressed-out person may think that nobody will understand him. But this is not the case. People will listen to you only if you take action, only if you speak up.
So, these are the factors to be taken care of when you are concerned about -can stress cause diarrhea. By the way, along with these, you must focus on lowering down the symptoms of the diseases. It can be done by the anti-biotics, lifestyle changes, and some necessary health drinks.
The Bottom Line
We hope you now know – can stress cause diarrhea? Learn the measures and follow them effectively to get a healthy, stress-free life with regular bowel movements and other improvements. Have a healthy day ahead! If you want to know about the cramps after sex, here it goes. Click here to learn.