Yeast infection can happen to anyone, so there is nothing to be scared of. If you follow the home remedies for yeast infection, then it will go away easily. Out of all the yeast infections, vaginal infection is the most common one. Generally, a healthy vagina has a balanced growth of both yeast and bacteria. But for a few reasons, the overgrowth of yeast starts. This leads to disrupting the healthy balance of vaginal microflora.
Yeast mostly breeds in a moist environment. Men also get penile yeast infections. This is not a sexually transmitted disease. But it can be easily spread by touching the infected surfaces. Even small children and infants can have yeast infections too. This is most known to be the diaper rash caused due to wet diapers. Try out home remedies for yeast infection for sensitive skin of the babies.
Sometimes while you are on a trip, a change in the pH of water can even cause yeast infection. So, home remedies for yeast infection are going to be a blessing for you. Most people suffer yeast infections on and off throughout the year. It is indeed a matter of concern for them to maintain good hygiene.
Of course, home remedies for yeast infection are going to be very handy for curing the infection. Of course, home remedies take time, so be patient when you treat the yeast infection with home remedies.
The parts of the body where Yeast infection occurs:-
- Under Breast
How does yeast infection occur?
Yeast is a fungus that usually stays in small amounts in your body. The names of the yeast infection-causing fungus in Candida. The abnormal growth of Candida fungus is leading to all these problems. This fungus grows mostly in a moist environment. Eventually, the vagina and penis are more susceptible to this yeast infection. A balance of these microorganisms is important for the proper functioning of body parts. They protect us from harmful microorganisms.
Causes of Yeast Infection:-
Yeast is found almost everywhere possible. Usually, it is present in the soil and surface of plants. Even you might be shocked that a small amount of yeast lives in our body parts too. But the problem occurs when the number of yeast increases. But you can prevent the yeast infection early by doing home remedies for yeast infection. Here is a list of causes for yeast overgrowth in our body:-
- Excessive usage of strong antibiotics
- High blood sugar level
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Increase in estrogen level in the body
- Weaker immune system
- Excessive Stress
- Lack of proper sleep
- Poor diet
- Unhygienic lifestyle
Also Read: 8 Useful Neuropathy Treatment Home Remedies
Symptoms of Yeast Infection:-
Symptoms of yeast infection vary as there can be various symptoms for each part. For each part, we have mentioned the various kinds of symptoms that occur. So keep a close look at your body parts to see any of the below-mentioned symptoms. If you notice any such proper symptoms, home remedies for yeast infection should be done first.
Symptoms of Vagina Yeast infection
This is the most frequently occurring form of yeast infection. The vaginal infection mostly happens to pregnant ladies. So before getting any severe symptoms of vaginal yeast infection, try home remedies for yeast infection. The symptoms of vaginal yeast infections are:-
- Burning sensation while peeing
- Thick white discharges are very common. In the initial phases, cheesy and sweet-smelling discharges are the most common symptom.
- Redness around vagina
- Swelling in few parts of the vagina
- An abnormal pain during intercourse
- Fissure and sores in vagina and vulva
- Vaginal itching
Symptoms of Penile yeast infection
The penis is less prone to yeast infection than the vagina. But taking proper care is important for all. It is seen that an uncircumcised penis has more chances of penile infection. The symptoms are:-
- Redness around the glans portion. Glans portion is the tip of the penis.
- Some red and white rashes may appear too
- Burning sensation while urination
- There will be a white creamy substance on the folds of the foreskin.
Symptoms of Anal Yeast infection
Anal yeast infection starts with anal itching. Most babies get anal yeast infections. This is due to wearing diapers for a prolonged time. Sometimes anal yeast infections spread in the penis or vagina too. Try doing home remedies for yeast infection for such sensitive parts of the body. There are many other symptoms like:
- Irritated anal skin due to itching
- Burning sensation while pooping
- Severe soreness and pain too
Symptoms of Facial yeast infection
It is worse if someone gets a yeast infection in the face. This mostly occurs in some people because they sweat excessively. Just try out the home remedies for yeast infection for the face if you notice the symptoms mentioned below.
- Dry patches
- Tiny pimples
- Redness and burning sensation
Symptoms of Under Breast yeast infection
Under breast yeast infection is very irritating and very common for heavy-busted women. Also, a good cotton bra is a must to avoid this. Here are the Symptoms of Under breast yeast infection:-
- Red lashes
- Burning sensation
Symptoms of oral yeast infection
This mostly occurs in people with weaker immune systems. But this can be very concerning yeast infection if not properly taken care of. So once you start seeing the symptoms mentioned below. Quick start doing any of the home remedies for yeast infection for the mouth. So the symptoms are:-
- Tiny Yellow and White bumps in various areas in the oral cavity. These are majorly found in the inner cheeks, tongue, and lips. Sometimes the bumps start bleeding too.
- Lips get swollen
- Dry cracked skin near the lips in case of Angular cheilitis
- A very bad taste in the mouth. Sometimes people also lose taste too.
- Soreness in the mouth
- A major burning sensation while eating anything.
- Tiny the fissures in case of Perleche
Symptoms of Scalp yeast infection
Our scalp might sometimes smell sweet. This is not because you are using an expensive shampoo or oil. This is due to the overgrowth of yeast in your scalp. Sometimes the scalp’s pH becomes unbalanced too, due to harsh hair treatments. So, there is a very high chance of yeast infection there. If the scalp is not treated using home remedies for yeast infection. Then the infection might spread in the eyes, skin, and oral cavity too. So these are few symptoms of scalp infection:-
- Red and white rashes
- Cracks and patches on the scalp’s skin
- Many white pus-filled scalp pimple
- Dense white and moist skin flaking off
Symptoms of Skin yeast infection
A skin yeast infection usually occurs in the moist areas of the skin. Obese people have skin folds. So these areas are very much prone to yeast infection. This is because sweat keeps the moist environment. This helps in the overgrowth of Yeast. But can easily cure this by doing home remedies for yeast infection. Sometimes yeast infection occurs in the navel area, between the thighs, back of the ear, and in the underarm skin too. This is also known as Intertrigo. Most of these areas have the following symptoms in common:-
- Red and painful rashes
- Small pustules
- Burning sensation
Symptoms of fingers and Nail yeast infection
Sometimes the moisture is trapped in finger rings and nail folds. This results in yeast infection in the fingers. Excessive long nails can be a breeding ground for yeast. This is very concerning for those people who work with water mostly. Many fishermen have pus in their nail fold. So if you notice these symptoms, you should try
Here are some home remedies for yeast infection. The symptoms are:-
- Inflammation of nail folds
- There may be pus discharge from nail folds
- Watery swelling occurs in the nails of the toe and finger
- Skin softening and swelling of the finger rings.
Some very rare symptoms of Yeast infection are:-
These symptoms rarely occur in patients with a yeast infection. So to be aware and cautious, you should know about these rare symptoms. The rare symptoms are:-
- mood swings
- gastrointestinal problems
- Anal sores
- Sore throat
Factors that can increase the chances of yeast infection in your body
As we already know by reading, that yeast normally grows in our body. But chances of infection increase if there is an overgrowth of this fungus. This overgrowth might be due to some factors or health issues of the person. So if you have any of these following, then you need to be cautious. You need to maintain strict hygiene and must follow home remedies for yeast infection. Doing these home remedies ritually throughout the year will prevent you from getting the risk of severe yeast infection.
The factors are:-
- Hormonal imbalance due to PCOD or PCOS
- Hiv infection
- Excessive intake of antibiotics
- Recently organ transplanted
- Liver diseases
The probable risk associated with Yeast Infection:-
You might wonder what such a tiny thing like yeast can do? But let me tell you, yeast infection can be very dangerous at times. It doesn’t cure so easily. On the contrary, the situation deteriorates if not taken proper care of. So home remedies for yeast infection are very beneficial in such times.
- It can be sexually transmitted sometimes. It is seen that 15% of men who had unprotected sex have got a penile yeast infection. This is because their female partner already had vaginal yeast infections. So it’s best to avoid unprotected sex anytime. Also, make sure to do home remedies for yeast infection to cure the infected area.
- Untreated yeast infection of the vagina or penis has very serious outcomes. It might lead to infertility too. Even during pregnancy, untreated yeast infection can be very troublesome. It can have an impact on the baby’s health and create complications during delivery too.
- The menstruation cycle gets disturbed due to yeast infection too.
- If butt infection remains untreated, yeast infection might invade the intestine too. This might lead to severe bowel movement problems and diarrhea. Why let the infection spread, quickly try home remedies for yeast infection.
- The yeast-infected vagina will have trouble conceiving. This is mainly because the sperm dies quickly as they enter the yeast-infected vagina. So to prevent this problem, home remedies for yeast infection.
How to prevent a Yeast infection?
Home remedies for yeast infection are going very effective. But keeping the Yeast infection at bay is more important. It is best to keep the yeast growth controlled rather than suffering. So if you have the risk of getting yeast infections, follow a few suggestions. Also treating them early can relieve you of these symptoms early. These suggestions will help you prevent getting Yeast infection.
- Never wear tight underwear. Especially for summer reasons, it’s best to change your underwear twice a day. The tight underwear traps the moisture and heat which help in the excessive growth of Yeast. But if you see signs of any infection don’t forget to try home remedies for yeast infection.
- Always wear cotton underwear and bras. Cotton material is very soft and breathable. So this prevents the chances of any yeast infection. So wearing cotton fabric clothes will keep yeast infection at bay.
- Stop scented products in the vagina or penis area. We often get attracted to attractive soap and lotion advertisements. These show scented stuff and we end up buying them. But these will cause an allergic reaction and you will have yeast infected.
- Never use very hot water in areas prone to yeast infection. A hot water bath is never one of the home remedies for yeast infection. On the other hand, it increases yeast growth in the concerned areas.
- It is best to minimize the intake of antibiotics. We often take antibiotics for a little bit of a viral fever or infection. It’s best to get cured naturally. So definitely do home remedies for yeast infection.
- Never stay in your gym clothes all day. Gym clothes contain sweats which might increase yeast growth. So always charge your gym clothes after home. Also, don’t forget to wash them. The same goes for swimmers, athletes, and players. Always change your jersey after coming home.
- Avoid sexual intercourse, if you are suffering from penile or vaginal yeast infection. Keep on doing home remedies for yeast infection for at least a whole week. But having sexual intercourse in that period will affect the healing process. Friction from sex will cause a delay in healing the yeast infection. Then after a week, you can start having sexual intercourse.
- Yeast infections are very itchy. But it is best to avoid searching or itching those infected areas. These will eventually spread more yeast and increase the infection in different parts of the body. If you are experiencing an itching problem, then now only try aloe vera home remedies for yeast infection.
- Keeping diabetes under control is the best possible. This is because yeast feeds on sugar. So therefore the growth of yeast increases and infection speeds.
- Never skip the shower after swimming classes or after getting wet from the rain. Chemicals in a Swimming pool might also cause yeast infection too.
- Always change a diaper and sanitary pads every five hours. Those wet diapers and pads are going to cause yeast infection too. But if you still get the yeast infection, then try home remedies for yeast infection.
- Don’t keep your hair wet for a long time. Candida fungus loves growing in moist environments. So to prevent scalp heart infection, air dry your hair quickly after the bath.
- Always wear loose clothes if you are prone to skin yeast infection. Especially in the summertime, we often sweat. So wearing loose cotton clothes will prevent the chances of getting a yeast infection.
- Never use scented sanitary napkins during periods. It might block our bad period odor. But that nice scent is not good for your vaginal health. It is going to disturb the healthy balance of bacteria and yeast in your vaginal area.
- If you have a weaker immune system, this infection can happen often. So build up a stronger immune system by adding fruits and vegetables to your diet. Try to avoid sugar in your food as high sugar levels are very much connected to yeast infection.
12 Home remedies for yeast infection:-
Yeast infection is not a serious problem if treated early. Therefore try out home remedies for yeast infection to prevent the overgrowth of the Candida fungus. Also, untreated Yeast infection can be very risky too. Also, the home remedies for yeast infection won’t be harmful at all. So as soon as you start getting the above-mentioned symptoms to try out these easy home remedies mentioned below:-
- Coconut oil
Coconut Oil contains derivatives of fatty oil. Researchers say that coconut oil has antifungal properties. So applying coconut oil to the skin surface will decrease and kill the yeast infection. Even a mixture of essential oil like tea tree and oregano can be used for cure. Always choose 100% pure cold-pressed coconut oil. People allergic to coconut oil should never try this as one of the home remedies for yeast infection.
- Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is very famous for its wonderful antibacterial properties. Dilute the tea tree oil with water before applying it to the concerned area. Add 2 drops of tea tree oil in 2 tbsp of water to make the antifungal solution. Apply this diluted solution thrice a day in the concerned area. Tea tree oil works best for the face, under the breast, scalp, and skin yeast infection.
- Apple cider vinegar
Taking a warm water bath with a cup of Apple cider vinegar is going to be very helpful. The acidic nature of vinegar kills the yeast and harmful bacteria. But don’t dare to use raw apple cider vinegar or hot water.
- Try adding probiotics to your diet
Daily intake of probiotics in the early morning is very beneficial. Yoghurt is a very famous prebiotic to cure yeast infection. This will help in balancing the pH in the genitourinary tract. This will aid in maintaining a good balance of growth of good bacteria and yeast. Yoghurt contains Lactobacillus bacteria. These bacteria release hydrogen peroxide which kills the yeast. Thus this eventually maintains a healthy balance of microorganisms in the vagina, urinal, and anal tract.
- Applying homemade yoghurt in the infected areas
As yoghurt contains Lactobacillus, it kills the yeast in the infected areas. So direct application of the yoghurt will be very effective. Also, cold yoghurt will soothe the red rates and itchiness of the infected areas. But make sure there is no sugar in the yoghurt. Or else it will worsen the yeast infection.
- Essential oil of oregano
The essential oil of oregano contains antifungal properties. This is due to the presence of thymol and carvacrol in it. This oil should be externally applied to the infected surfaces. Oral intake of this oil can be very dangerous as this is blood thinner
- Garlic for the cure
Garlic is very effective in killing Candida fungus. Adding garlic to every day’s diet. This will help in reducing yeast infection in various parts of the body. This also promotes the growth of good bacteria too. But try putting garlic cloves or paste in the yeast-infected areas externally.
- Apply natural aloe vera extract
Aloe vera can be a great natural cure for antifungal and antibacterial infections. Many people have the Aloe vera plant in their homes. So they apply fresh aloe vera flesh in the infected areas. Just scrape out the flesh from the aloe vera leaves. Aloe vera inhibits the growth of Candida fungus. The application of aloe vera extract will soothe the itching in the infected areas. This is one of the commonly used best home remedies for yeast infection.
- Vitamin C supplement
For reducing yeast infection, a good immune system is important. So vitamin c is going to boost up the weak immune system of your body. A strong immune system will help in killing the unwanted overgrowth of yeast. Now start having Vitamin C-rich fruits and vegetables. But don’t apply Vitamin C externally in the infection.
People who are prone to yeast infection should have turmeric milk daily. Turmeric contains curcumin. Cut in has antifungal property and can also kill the Candida fungus. So turmeric paste will be one of the best home remedies for yeast infection. Grind the raw turmeric and mix it with a little bit of yoghurt. Apply a thick layer of the yeast-infected body parts and areas.
- Neem leaves
Neem used to make many medicines due to its wonderful antifungal properties. This is one of the best home remedies for yeast infection. Boil some fresh neem leaves in water. Use that neem water in the yeast infection body parts. Don’t use the hot water, let the neem water cool down. For oral yeast infection, gargle with this neem water.
- Baking soda
Baking soda is a very effective cure for yeast infection in the face, scalp, and mouth. Baking soda is a great natural remedy for yeast infection. Baking soda can also be used to soothe the itchiness of the yeast-infected body parts. Just make a mixture of baking soda and water, and apply the paste to the infected surface.
- Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is very effective in killing Candida fungus. This works great for yeast infection of the skin, vagina, penis, anus, and scalp too. Add half a cup of hydrogen peroxide to the bathtub. Now sit there for 20 minutes. Then wash off with clean water. The hydrogen peroxide should be diluted, or else it might cause skin irritation.
After reading about home remedies for yeast infection, you will find a cure for yourself. But don’t leave the yeast infection untreated. These might lead to severe complications as mentioned above. If the yeast infection keeps on coming many times, it’s time to consult a doctor. This is because sometimes various species of Candida fungus can infect the body parts.
So, a clinical diagnosis of the yeast infection should be done. Or else, all these home remedies for yeast infection are enough to kill the yeast. Also, don’t forget to follow the preventive measures to avoid getting Yeast infections.