Do you face regular issues with your Windows modules or have multiple CPU usage issues? Are you pondering on the same and want to forever end the problems associated with Windows Modules not working?
That being said, you might even not know about the issues of “Windows Modules not working” or if the problem you are encountering is actually an issue of Windows Modules not working. Under such situations, how can you confirm if the issue you face is the same one you are searching for? Well, it is a very simple process.
You can authorize the issue by clicking on the button CTRL + SHIFT + ESC simultaneously. This will pop up the task manager. The Processes tab must be selected while you scroll down and explore for a process called Windows Modules Installer.
This can be present in the background process section. If you check out the evidence given in front of the Windows Modules Installer, you can see the volume of memory taken by the process as well. If your computer is slow, then the memory usage will be more than 50%.
You can’t do anything about the process running in the background because it starts mechanically. So, as long as the process is running, till you are using the PC, it will keep your computer slow.
The Windows Modules not working issue can be due to the Windows Modules Installer service that is a Windows Update service. The memory occupied by this service is because of the service probing for Windows Update in the background. The process is most likely to run and take a huge number of resources in Windows.
Let’s take a look at a couple of explanations for the problem of Windows Modules not working. You have to go through them and check the one that will suit you.
Option 1: Manual Windows Update
Firstly, you have to shift the Windows Update to a manual mode. Since the service starts routinely, switching it to manual mode and turning it off can be a very good solution for this problem.
- Hold the Windows key and press on the R button i.e., the Run command prompt.
- Type services.msc in the box provided and click on Enter
3. The next step is to locate and double click the service called Windows modules installer
4. Then you have to select the Manual option from the drop-down menu in Startup Type selection.
5. Click on Stop if the status of the service is running. This is present in the Service Status section.
6. You have to click on Apply and then OK.
7. The next step is to locate and double click on the Windows Update
8. Further, you need to select the Manual option from the drop-down menu in the Startup Type Selection.
9. The next step would be clicking on the Stop option if the status of the service is running. It is present in the Service Status section.
10. The final step is to click on Apply and then on the Ok option.
Once completed, your issue of Windows Modules not working will be resolved.
You must note that Windows Updates are vital for your system and offer a lot of security updates also. These updates are critical for your system and can solve the issues of Windows Modules not working. If you have set your Windows update to manual, you must not forget to check for updates manually. If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you can try using several repair software available that can scan the sources and replace corrupt and misplaced files.
Option 2: Adopting the Troubleshooting Method
You can give this Windows built-in troubleshooter a try for your quick issue resolution to the issue of Windows Modules not working. This method has worked for many users.
You can give this Windows built-in troubleshooter a try for your quick issue resolution. This method has worked for many users.
- You have to hold the Windows key and click on the R button (Run/Command Prompt)
- Type a command control.exe /name Microsoft. Troubleshooting and click on Enter option.
Eta 3. The next step is to click on View All option
4. Select the “System Maintenance” option from the available ones.
5. The next step is to click on Advanced and ensure that the option of Apply repairs automatically is checked.
6. The Final Step is to click on Next. You have to wait for Windows to troubleshoot your system and solve the problems that it will encounter. Once the process is completed, check for updates and you are done with resolving the issue.
There is also a possibility of Windows Modules not working due to the system affected by some viruses, malware, or attacks. Let’s check out the methods of how the virus can be eliminated and PC issues can be fixed.
- You must download any authorized PC Repair tool with a proper registration key. Fake software can further damage your PC and slow it down.
- You must click on Start Scan to find the Windows Issues that could be the cause of your PC problems.
- The final step is to click on Repair All to fix issues that might be affecting your computer’s security and performance.
You must even check your Internet Settings and you can stop Automatic Windows Update on your PC by changing the internet connection.
Method 1: Wi-Fi Network
Click the Start menu button > Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Advanced Options
Select on the button with Set as metered connection
You have to check if the problem persists.
Method 2: Ethernet Network
Click on the Windows key + R key on your keyboard to open the Run dialogue box.
Enter the regedit command in the dialogue box and click OK.
Then Click Yes.
On the new window, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > NetworkList > DefaultMediaCost.
Right-click on Default Media Cost and select Permissions.
Click on Add and then type the user name in the text box under Enter the object names to choose.
Click on Check Names and then OK. Choose the new user and Allow to enable Full Control. Click Ok and press all the Windows.
Restart the system for the modifications to take effect. This should solve the problem.
This short guide will help you resolve your issues quickly and efficiently by trying out different options available.
If you are interested in some more science and technology related things, then you can read our blog on Want To Know About The Leidenfrost Effect? Here’s A Comprehensive Study For You!