As now-a-days we are handling so many social media accounts, we need to be diligent in choosing the particulate username without any hurry. Over time you may perceive that you do not prefer the existing name and hence want to modify it. Whatever be the reason, you definitely don’t need to create a new-fangled account to obtain a new name. With this article, you will eventually learn how to change your Twitch name for each and every version of the applications.
How to change your Twitch name on a browser (Firefox, Chrome)
One of the ways to handle Twitch is to use safe browsers instead of downloading the specific app. The browser version has the advantage of not trusting the site you use. Here are the steps on how to change your Twitch name using the browser, just follow these quick steps:
- In your browser, open up the Twitch website. In the address bar, you can write the URL (https://www.twitch.tv/) too.
- If you are using a mobile device, the browser will be the default for the mobile website version. Your username cannot be changed in the mobile browser version of Twitch. Switch to desktop mode: Tap the three dots icon in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- In the menu that appears, click on Desktop Site, then return to the home page and follow the very next steps.
- Click your profile icon. On your screen, it is in the top right corner.
- In the appeared drop-down menu, tap or click on Settings.
- Tap on Profile in the Settings menu. It should be in the tab options placed at the top of the menus.
- Try to scroll down till you come to the profile settings area. Click the Edit button to the right of your username. It will be an icon that seems like exactly a pencil.
- A completely new window will pop up asking you to enter your new username. Type it in and click Update.
- Later on, a password insert box will upspring. Click Confirm after you are done with this.
- Your username needs to be changed now, and you can log out of this window. Via email, you will get notification of your name change confirmation.
Note that you must have a verified email account to change the username. If you do not have an account, while Twitch will ask you to verify your email address before proceeding with the name changing process, you won’t be able to do so.
How to change your Twitch name on Windows, Mac, or PC
If you have a desktop application, alteration of your username is basically the same matter as using a web browser, except for a few steps. Do the followings to make a change in your Twitch username on PC:
- On your computer, open the Twitch desktop application.
- Log in to your own account.
- On the application window, tap on your profile icon. It will appear in the right upper corner of your screen.
- Click Settings from drop-down menu.
- In the Settings menu, search for Profiles in Tabs. Next, click on it.
- Scroll through until you are getting the Profile Settings. Click the Edit icon to the right of the username.
- The next steps are quite similar to the web browser genre. Enter the new username you yearned for, and then click Update. Follow up with the confirmation message.
- Get back to the home screen using the Twitch icon on the upper left corner of your screen.
Similar to the web version, you must have a verified email address to proceed with how to change your twitch name. Additionally, if you enable two-factor authentication, you will require entering the code that will be directed to your mobile phone.
How to change your Twitch name on Android
Even though you can edit your profile settings in the Twitch mobile app, the change username option is not available. You must use desktop applications or your phone’s web browser to access the Twitch website. Follow the instructions given above under the browser version or PC version.
How to change your Twitch name on iPhone
Like Android, the iPhone Twitch app does not have the option to change your username too. Use the computer or open the Twitch in your phone’s web browser. See the above commands under desktop or web version in case of changing username.
How to change your Twitch name on iPad
There is no difference between the iPhone and iPod versions of the Twitch mobile app except for the viewing options. You cannot change your username using any mobile apps, therefore open the Twitch website using your mobile browser or use the desktop app. Go with the steps given above for web or desktop application mode.
Color changing option availability for username in Twitch
Name colors are a choice in Twitch as a way to metamorphose your messages from others. This can be changed in the desktop application or by accessing the desktop web browser. If you are using the Twitch mobile app, you must use your device’s web browser or computer. Do the followings in order to change the name color:
- After opening up the chat box, type the command “/ color” and later type the color name.
- For the non-Twitch turbo users, the accessible colors are Red, Blue, Orange Red, Dodger Blue, Green, Blue Violet, Yellow Green, Coral, Goldenrod, Cadet Blue, Chocolate, Sea green, Hot Pink, Spring Green, and Firebrick. If you are a Twitch Turbo end user, you can use any color hex value you desire for.
In a nutshell, the name change in Twitch is fairly user-friendly. With these steps, you can learn how to change your twitch name at your convenience. Though, you can’t change the name whenever you want. Once you change your username, you will not be able to do it again for the next 60 days.
Twitch channel URL and your username will get updated straight away. However, your subscribers and followers won’t be changed if you generate a brand new account; instead, they can visualize the new name.
If you are interested in more such everyday tech hacks and solutions and want to read more of such tutorials you can read our other blogs in the science and technology category. If you want to read something related, then our blog on How To Change Your Name on Facebook can be useful for you!