Do you want to know how to change your name on Facebook? Are you in search of this process to change your name on the Facebook account?
With these simple steps on how to change your name on Facebook, you can easily change your name on the platform within a few minutes. All you need to do is just go through some small steps, but remember that there are restrictions as well. Facebook does not allow the use of pseudonyms. But you can use common nicknames.
The changing of your name will not change anything about your account and it will not delete the tags applied to the previous name of yours.
There can be many other powerful reasons for wanting to know about how to change your name on Facebook. Such as, a person is taking the surname of her new spouse and wants to use that on Facebook. Or maybe an individual has outgrown his childhood name and wants to change that or maybe you want something new etc.
Therefore, there can be many reasons for your intention to change your Facebook name, but here are the processes of how to change your name on Facebook.
Here are some rules and policies of the company to know before starting the procedure. Like,
First of all, you cannot use symbols, numbers, repeating characters, unusual capitalization or punctuation in this. The characters from the multiple languages are not allowed. Another rule is, any kind of titles are not allowed here. You cannot use words or phrases in the place of a name, and also you cannot use offensive words of any kind as well.
You have to always remember that, once you have changed the name, you can’t change it again for the next 60 days. And if you change the name very often, that time period can extend to 120 days.
Unlike other social media platforms, Facebook wants you to give your real name, but they allow common derivative names but not pseudonyms or absurd things as names.
In any case, if you use a fake name in your account, you have the risk of being banned from Facebook. The company’s own policy states, “Facebook is a community where everyone uses the name they go by in everyday life. This makes it so that you always know who you are connecting with”.
Here are the steps on how to change your name on Facebook
First of all, you should head to the Facebook website and get logged in.
- Then click on the arrow, which is downward-facing at the top right of the page.
- After the dropdown menu appears, you have to click on the “Settings and privacy” and then “Settings.
- Now you will be on the General Account Settings page. After that, next to your name, click on the word “Edit” and next to “Name”.
4. In the boxes, at the top part of the screen, you have to type in your new name, which you wish to use now.
5. After that you have to click on the “Review Change”.
6. In the pop up area, you have to check your new name to make sure that it is the right one and you are satisfied. After that, you should type in your password and click on “Save Changes”.
Now you have a new name on your Facebook account with an unaffected account.
Now we will know about how to change your name on Facebook page on mobile
- First of all, on the page, find the “About” button by scrolling to the left of the main menu.
2. Then you should click on the box showing “Edit page info”
3. Now next option is “Update Page info”, here you can see the categories.
4. Tap on the “Name” field and type the new name which you want to use from now on.
Now, you are ready to share the new name with your friends and family members.
The best thing is that as long as your change of name follows the policies of Facebook, it won’t have any negative impact on your account. Your friends will still be able to communicate with you like the previous times, no new connection is needed or your previous posts or pictures will still show your new name.
So, like this you can easily change your name on Facebook by following the rules and policies of the company and enjoy interacting with your friends and relatives. We hope that these steps on how to change your name on Facebook has made the procedure amply clear to you.
Interested in reading more such science and technology related articles? Or do you want some more tips on using Facebook. In any case, you can also read our blog on How To Delete A Facebook Page: A Simple Step-by-Step Guide.