Table of Contents
If you’ve just initiated with a brand spanking new Discord server, your task is pretty simple. You won’t have a vast number of users to restrain instead of arranging some of your own discarded friends. This can change when you build a large community when moderation becomes more essential. In this blog, we have talked about something that can be a common question amongst a lot of Discord users and that is: “How To Delete Discord Server?”
While some discretion can help ease moderation a bit, it still requires a time commitment that you may not have. You may have other issues with the platform, ranging from privacy concerns to poor streaming bitrates, although Discard Nitro can help if that is the matter.
Whatever thoughts you might have, if you are annoyed by means of your Discord server, it may perhaps be the duration to move forward that holder status or fully remove it. If you wish to learn how to delete Discord server, here is what typically necessitates to do.
Strategy for deletion of a Discord Server on Mac or PC
If you are confident that you would choose to delete your Discord server completely, for desktop end users, the procedure is quite simple. These mentioned steps are almost similar for Discord on the Web or MAC or Windows.
- To get started, open the Discord app or website and sign in. In Server itself, click Server Name, then click the Server Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Inside the menu of the Discord Server Settings, hit the Delete Server part at the lower portion of menu on the left side.
- Before you can delete your Discord server, you will need to confirm that you want to proceed. To perform this, input your full server name, and then press Delete Server Key to make confirmation.
You won’t be to do the process of reversing, therefore be certain that you wish to do this prior you validate your preference.
- Once confirmed, your server will be removed from the record. By erasing all shared messages and content, each and every server member (which includes you as well) will no longer be capable of accessing or viewing it.
Shifting possession rights of the Discord Server
Before you take the hard option of disuniting the Discord server, there may be another way to offload the responsibility which you will find here in this ‘how to delete Discord server’ article. You can move ownership of the Discord server towards other members, providing them total supervision to transform, edit, and moderate it in the future.
This will mean that you have no guaranteed control over the server. For instance, if you desire for other users to become administrators or moderators later, you can only do so if the new owner gives you owner access. You will not be able to delete the server later, as only the new server owner will have the power to do so.
- To transfer ownership of the server, open the Discord Desktop application or access the Discord website. Once you’ve signed in, select the server name to your left, then press the Server Settings option.
- Inside the menu of Discord Server Settings, strike on the segment to the left side of the members listed under the User Management category.
- In the next menu, you will see a list of server members. Hover over what you’re looking to transfer ownership to, then press the three-dot menu icon to the right.
From out of the drop-down list, hit the option of Transfer Ownership.
- The Discord will ask you to confirm that you want to transfer ownership. If you are certain, tap the slider, then press the Transfer Ownership button to make confirmation.
- Once approved, the new possessor will be registered in the chart of Discord Members with a coronet alongside their name. The rest of your access will be based on the server roles before your transfer.
When you can’t swap the transformation by yourself, the new holder can shift possession back to you. This is possible only if it is ready. Before you transpose holding, be sure you are utterly certain of your preference, as you will not be allowed to backtrack it.
Strategy on how to delete Discord Server on mobile units
If you choose to use Discord on your android, iPad or iPhone device, follow this piece ‘how to delete Discord server’ so that you can also delete your server in the Discord app. The same rules apply once you have deleted your Discord server you will not be able to retrieve it, so make sure you want to proceed.
- To erase your Discord server, open up the Discord application on your smartphone. Tap the hamburger menu icon on the top-left to access the menu panel.
- If you are not on to your server beforehand, choose it by clicking the icon of server on the left side. Once only when you are functional on to your server, strike the three dots menu icon alongside your server title at the top position.
- A menu will come into view at the lower part of your screen. Click the Settings icon to operate your Discord Server Settings menu option.
- In the Discord Server Settings menu, tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, tap Delete Server Key to begin the process of deleting the server.
- You will need to make confirmation that you wish to abolish your server. If you are sure, tap the Delete key to confirm your choice.
- Once confirmed, Discord will delete your server card. All the members of the server will be eliminated and any shared or saved subject will be erased.
Additional choices on how to delete Discord server
As you read the ‘how to delete Discord server’ column, you come to know that cancelling the Discord server cannot be reversed. If you decide to delete your Discord server, be sure to consider options such as transfer of ownership first. Once your Discord server has been deleted, you will find that other platforms like Slack are more suitable for your needs.
The Bottom Line
It’s straightforward enough to create a brand new Slack account and go on with the forum. Once you get to the server, you can start making slack calls and sending private messages to your colleagues and friends. However, don’t forget to enable dual-factor authentication on Slack to keep your account secure.
Want to know more about Discord? Here is another blog on How To Unban Someone on Discord: An Effective Guide, that you can read