Table of Contents
How To Clean Macbook Using 4 Useful Ways
Looking for ways to find out How To Clean MacBook Pro screen without damaging it? Here are some ways to do it.
It does not take long for your MacBook to become completely covered with crumbs, dust, fingerprints, etc. when you use it regularly. Fortunately, it is easy and quick to get in a habit of cleaning your MacBook. You may clean almost every part of the MacBook.
You must always exercise caution when you are cleaning your Macbook since heavily saturated clothes or abrasive materials can cause serious damage to your computer. You will see few ways to do it today.
How To Clean MacBook Easily
There are many ways to do it. Choose the one that you find easy.
1. How to clean MacBook using a dry cloth
If you want to know How To Clean MacBook using a dry cloth or polish dry a MacBook, follow all the steps mentioned below:
- Shut down your MacBook or computer first. Turn off your MacBook pro and detach the adapter from the computer. You must know that detaching the power adapter is not an important or must-do step when using a dry cloth for cleaning the screen. But it is still advised to use it since the friction produced by cloth can still damage the adapter.
- Buff away all the prints using a microfiber cloth. Polish the screen using the microfiber cloth carefully moving across the screen in very small circles. Make sure you are applying steady yet slight pressure when you work but make sure you are not using excessive force.
- Ideally, you should use a microfiber cloth, but any cloth will do as long as the material is soft, static-resistant, and lint-free. Stay away from clothes that are abrasive ad dish towels and paper towels. You need to move the cloth over the screen for 5 minutes at least or more to remove all the smudges and fingerprints over it.
- Hold the computer by the keyboard or the upper edge to prevent yourself from re-smudging the screen accidentally.
2. How to clean MacBook using a moist cloth
If you wish to clean moist cloth to wipe your MacBook, this is the procedure you must follow:
- The first step involves shutting down your MacBook pro. Unplug the power adapter and turn your computer off.
- Now dampen a soft cloth with water. Apply a little bit of water only to a soft microfiber cloth so that the cloth becomes barely moist. Make sure you are using only a soft cloth. A fiber-free, static-free cloth works just fine but non-abrasive cloths will also do fine. However, you should not use dish towels, paper towels, or any rough cloth.
- Ensure you are not drenching the water. When the cloth is soaked entirely, it drips excess water inside the machine thus the chances of causing serious damage increase to the computer. If you use too much water accidentally, wring the cloth out until it is just slightly moist.
- For best results, you can also use distilled water instead of using tap water. Tap water also has minerals and some minerals are often conductive in nature thus increasing the chances of conductance in your MacBook. As a result, tap water can cause a short more likely as compared to distilled water.
- Under any circumstance, make sure you are NOT spraying water onto the screen directly. This increases your odds of getting water inside the MacBook thereby increasing the chances of short. Only use water when you are applying it with a soft slightly damp cloth.
- Wipe your screen down. This should be done side to side and from top to bottom in small circular motions. Apply study yet slight pressure to your MacBook screen. Hold the screen from the top or very bottom to avoid smudging it as you clean it.
- You might require to pass over the MacBook screen several times before the smudges are removed. Also, re-dampen the clothes when you work depending upon the number of passes you make over the screen.
3. How to clean MacBook using formula cleansers
If you already own a formula cleanser and wondering How To Clean MacBook screen using it, follow the instructions given below or read the instructions given on the label of that formula cleaner.
- Shut your computer down like you always should do to avoid damaging it. Make sure MacBook pro is off before proceeding further. Detach the computer from the power adapter. You should not start the process without detaching the computer. When exposed to wet cleansers, the components may damage with slight shock.
- Spray a little plasma cleaner or LCD on a microfiber cloth. use a cleaner specifically given to be used on the LCD screen. Spray only a small amount of it onto the soft cloth and make sure you are not drenching the cloth. It should feel slightly moist to touch and when you squeeze, no liquid should come out of it.
- Only use a lint-free, soft, and static-free cloth. lens cloths are best for this purpose but other microfiber cloths will also do well for this. Avoid using paper towels, terry cloths towels, abrasive fabrics, and dish towels.
- Only use cleaning products that are created specifically and sold for use for LCD screens. Avoid using all-purpose cleaners, bleach, alcohol-based cleaners, solvents, aerosols sprays, or abrasives. All these products could easily damage your MacBook screen when used. In extreme cases, they may even break the screen completely.
- Do not spray the cleaning solution directly onto that screen because it may increase the likelihood of getting moisture inside the opening at the bottom or along the sides of the MacBook. Moisture should never be allowed through the openings because they may short out the computer once they get in.
- Wipe the screen using your soft cloth. Pass the cloth over your MacBook pro screen, working either from side to side or top t bottom. Buff the screen in circular small motions and make sure you are applying light but steady pressure.
- Hold the screen of your computer near the very bottom or top to reduce the risk of smudging it accidentally. Continue buffing the computer screen until all the smudges and lines are gone. Reapply the cleaner when needed. This will take few minutes to complete giving you a new-looking MacBook screen.
4. How to clean MacBook using Plasma and LCD wipes
If you have a plasma or LCD wipes, then you can follow this procedure and know-How To Clean MacBook screen.
- Turn your MacBook off as the first step and do not proceed without doing so. Shut your computer down before doing anything else and unplug the power adapter before using wipes.
- Moisture from the wipes might get inside the computer even after working carefully. If there are chances of this happening, it is needed that the power adapter should be removed. Prior removal of electrical components helps prevent them from damage and will also protect you from getting shocked.
- Use a formulated electric wipe especially for this purpose. Wipe the screen working from side to side and top to bottom in smaller circular motions. Apply only a little bit of pressure to avoid damaging it. Electronic wipes contain enough solution for cleaning the screen without soaking the screen. The solution used here is formulated specially to be used for electronic products.
- Make sure the wipes you are using also have a non-alcohol formula since using alcohol can also be damaging for the screen.
Some Additional Tips
- Place the laptop on a flat surface like a table to clean it.
- If you accidentally get moisture inside your MacBook, contact the apple retail store for immediate help. Know that under most circumstances, damage caused to your MacBook by liquids is not usually covered under their product warranty.
These were 4 ways using which you will learn How To Clean MacBook screen easily without damaging it.
Learn how to remove the keys of your keyboard and replace them using the new ones easily on your own.