Wondering if dining table mats are still in vogue? Of course, they are!
The trend of decorating your dining table with functional and aesthetic table mats or placement mats is here to stay.
Let’s discuss the latest, most eco-friendly, practical, and chic styles and uses of dining table mats that will accentuate your living room/dining room décor instantly.
What is the Purpose of Dining Table Mats?
Before understanding how you can use fashionable, contemporary and elegant placement mats, let’s understand what these are and what they are used for.
Dining table mats, most commonly made of fabric, are used all over the world on dining tables. They are placed on the table before the dishes are served and kept under plates on which the food is served.
Placement mats have become a symbol of richness and royalty and signify your personality, etiquette, and standard of living.
Historically, dining table mats were used by kings and emperors to decorate their massive tables and help them keep the space clean and look fascinating.
Now, they have become household items, and every home has a few sets of daily-use and formal placement mats.
What are Placemats Used for?
Besides adding grace and elegance to home décor, placement mats protect your expensive dining tables from spillage, scratches, or damage.
Here are some prime uses of dining table mats:
- Protect the dining table from stains and spills and keep the surroundings clean.
- Dining table mats look aesthetic and add a unique and decorative charm to the table. If matched well with the surrounding décor and interiors, they give off a pleasing and positive look.
- Besides functionality, they are used as table decorators or highlighters to amp up the space.
Trending Types of Dining Table Mats
You can invest in various shapes, fabrics, sizes, designs, and colours of beautiful placemats to complete the look of your dining room.
Before you make the perfect purchases, you must consider some important factors:
- Don’t forget to complement your dining table décor, whether it is your table runner or placemats, with the colour and pattern of the dining table and the dining room walls and floors.
- Placemats are one of the most important elements of a fascinating tablespace. Choose the colour well, such that it blends perfectly with the type of table they will be placed on – be it glass, wood, or marble.
- Dining table mats set the mood for the served meal and are available in various themes that could inspire your table settings.
- Look for earth-friendly options and avoid materials like plastic when it comes to decorating your dining area.
The Latest and Most Sustainable Types of Placemats
Here are some of the trending and contemporary dining table mats:
These can be found in various colours, designs, and patterns. The best feature about these cloth or superior fabric-made placemats is that they are easy to maintain and wash.
So, after every fancy meal, you can get these washed and then place them back on the table to amplify your space. The woven ones look traditional and authentic as well.
Fibre Dining Table Placemats
Linen placements are one of the most affordable, lucrative, and aesthetic options that look elegant, trendy, and don’t cost too much.
You can consider various sizes and shapes according to the plates and crockery that will be kept on the tale. A fibre round mat with strings looks graceful underneath a round plate and is capable of absorbing any spills or damage caused by food.
PVC Dining Table Mats
PVC placements are specifically recommended when you have children around. These are easy to clean and can tolerate massive amounts of food spillage without causing deterioration in their quality, utility, and standard.
These placemats make your life easier because they are safe and functional and come in stunning patterns.
Round Jute Placemats
Jute placemats are made and woven from yarns of highly durable and strong materials. They are ecological and biodegradable.
Consider using jute placemats to decorate your dining table, especially if you’re planning a large get-together. The round format also makes your round dining table beautiful to look at.
Such round placemats work well for tables that are short on space, while the rectangular ones can elegantly decorate longer dining tables. In addition, they are easy to wash and clean, and your table will shine again as before.
Dining table mats can be used according to suitability, and each set contributes a well-styled design and quality. There are unlimited uses for placemats, including decoration, protection, liveliness, and more.
The last thing you want is to get worried about spillage from your delicious meal to spoil the beauty of your dining table. Therefore, it is always best to use a placemat under plates to protect the dining table from unwanted spills.