Table of Contents
Struggling with extremely dry and chafed skin? We know how uncomfortable and irritating it can get! Dry skin can affect any part of your body, but some common areas are your hands, face, legs, and arms.
The fall and winters can damage your skin even if you are so driven and motivated towards moisturizing your face. Cold weather can cause blistering skin to hinder its embarrassment. You know why do you have dry skin? Let’s tell you. Dry skin is caused due to the loss of water in the upper layer of the skin.
Dry and chafed skin needs attention and special care. You will need a healer like cerave ointment that will help you hydrate and soothe your skin, which will give you the relief you are looking for. Emollients like Cerave Ointment are substances that soften and moisturizes your skin also preventing itching and dryness. It works by adding an oil layer on top of your skin that traps water in your skin.
When choosing a healing ointment for treating your damaged and compromised skin, we recommend you look out for Cerave Ointment which will help you protect and relieve your dry and chafed skin. It is free from fragrance and lanolin avoiding any further irritation from such ingredients.
This cerave ointment is used as a moisturizer to treat or prevent, dry, chaffed, itching, and rough skin. It is quite lightweight but adds hydration to your skin, formulating to protect, soothe, and hydrates skin as it helps in recovering extreme dryness and chafed skin. It is also non-comedogenic suitable for all types of skin, normal, dry, oily, or combination skin.
Want to know more about the magic, Cerave Ointment? Let’s give you in-depth details about it. Read on further to know more.
About CeraVe Ointment
You must have gotten an overview of the CeraVe Ointment. But there’s so much more that you need to know about.
- Cerave Ointment is accepted by the National Eczema Association (NEA).
- Cerave Ointment contains both active and inactive ingredients.
- Cerave Ointment ensures long-lasting moisture and also helps you to temporarily repair, protect, and soothe extremely dry and chapped skin.
- Cerave Ointment is non-comedogenic which reduces the risk of any skin irritation.
- Cerave Ointment includes barrier repair ingredients such as ceramides.
- Cerave Ointment also acts effectively like a lip balm and an eye cream.
- The hyaluronic acid present in Cerave Ointment gives an extra boost of hydration.
- Cerave Ointment also acts effectively as a lip balm and an eye cream.
- Cerave Ointment is fragrance-free. Hence, no reaction or irritation.
- Cerave Ointment has the formulation of ceramides, petrolatum, and hyaluronic acid that provides hydration and restores the skin barrier.
- Cerave Ointment is very lightweight.
- Cerave Ointment is also free from lanolin and dyes to avoid skin irritation.
- Cerave Ointment moisturizes your dry, chaffed, and flaky skin.
Ingredients in Cerave Ointment
CeraVe Healing Ointment contains both active and inactive ingredients. An active ingredient is a portion of the drug that has some therapeutic effects on the body. Inactive ingredients are non-medical components of the drug. It is approved by a team of dermatologists and it was launched in the year 2006.
CeraVe Healing Ointment has the following ingredients:-
Active ingredient- 46.5% of Petrolatum.
Inactive ingredient- Water, Mineral Oil, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Paraffin, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, EAU, Proline, Cholesterol, Huile Minerale, Ozokerite, Ceramide NP, Ceramide EOP, Tocopherol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pantolactone, Dimethicone, Ceramide AP, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytosphingosine, Panthenol, Tocopherol, and Pantolactone.
- Petrolatum present in the healing ointment protects your skin from dry and cold weather, minor cuts, and burns. It also prevents and relieves chapped lips and skin. This is the main ingredient of this healing ointment with about 46.5%.
But the petroleum jelly has somewhat an anxious relation in the world of skincare where the manufacturing process of petroleum has been linked to the potential risks in breast cancer. However, its sole purpose is to create a protective barrier over your skin and heal your wounds faster.
- Hyaluronic Acid hydrates your skin and helps it retain moisture. It acts like a sponge that soaks up hydration and prevents moisture loss. Thus, your skin feels hydrated and plumped.
- Ceramides help you out with restoring and maintaining the skin’s natural barrier. It is the main skin-loving ingredient that is naturally found on the outer layer of your skin. Ceramides are responsible for protecting your skin from damages and are quite essential for your skin’s hydration and moisture.
Benefits of Cerave Ointment
There are many benefits of the CeraVe Healing Ointment because of the ingredients it contains which have extraordinary benefits and qualities. Let us look at some benefits of this healing ointment or balm that you can use to get rid of your annoying dry skin:-
- It is suitable for all types of skin, normal, oily, combination, or dry. So you don’t need to worry.
- It is lightweight yet hydrates your skin.
- It is non-comedogenic. Hence, it will not clog your pores.
- It is accepted by the National Eczema Association (NEA).
- Hyaluronic Acid helps attract hydration to your skin.
- Developed by dermatologists.
- It will protect, repair, and soothe your dry and chapped skin.
- Ceramides restore your skin’s protective barrier.
- It has a vegan formula that can be applied gently on your face, lips, hands, and body.
- It is suitable for dry and cracked skin as well as eczema.
- It is free from preservatives, lanolin, and dyes. Hence, no skin irritation.
What Skin Issues Can CeraVe Ointment Treat?
CeraVe Healing Ointment can treat a lot of skin issues. It includes key ingredients like ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and petrolatum which makes this ointment even more valuable. Some of the skin issues that the CeraVe Healing Ointment can treat are as follows:-
- This ointment can treat and prevent dry, itchy, and minor skin irritations such as skin burn, diaper rashes from radiation therapy.
- You can use the CeraVe Healing Ointment to treat diaper rashes if you have any.
- It can be used to treat chapped lips, that trouble almost all of us during the winters.
- It can also help treat small cuts and wounds.
- You can use this healing ointment on your cracked feet or your hands for soft skin.
- You can even apply this as a night cream, by applying a thin layer before going to bed for hydrated, repaired, and plumped skin.
How To Use CeraVe Healing Ointment
You should apply the healing ointment as directed. Follow all the directions that are appropriately mentioned in the package. Do not use this ointment if you have very sensitive skin or you get allergic symptoms more often. If you have any doubts, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how you should apply the cerave ointment:-
- Cleanse your face before going to bed. Remove all the makeup you have put on.
- Prefer doing double cleansing to remove all sorts of the remaining dirt and impurities.
- After cleansing, you can apply any toner or face mist (optional).
- Now, moisturize your face with a good hydrating cream.
- Let the skincare, applied till now to settle for a while.
- Now, apply the CeraVe Healing Ointment around your lips and your eyes.
- How often you need to apply this depends on the condition of your skin.
- You can even apply this, on all the damaged parts of your body but only after cleansing it.
- Avoid using it around sensitive areas such as around the eyes, or inside nose. Even if you choose to apply around your eyes, be careful and cautioned.
- Use this healing ointment regularly to get the most of all its benefits.
Ceramide present renews your protective skin barrier and the hyaluronic acid adds an extra dose of hydration. Thus, you should apply this on your dry skin and also on small cuts or wounds. It is great for acne-prone skin. You can even apply it thoroughly on your cracked hands and feet every time you wash them or even use it as a night cream by applying a thin layer.
Pros of the CeraVe Ointment
- It is non-comedogenic and thus, will not clog your pores.
- It is free from fragrance, lanolin, dyes which will not cause you any skin irritation.
- It has a non-greasy texture.
- It has the National Eczema Association Of Acceptance. Hence, you use this product without any worries.
- It is developed by renounced dermatologists
Cons of the CeraVe Ointment
- It contains petroleum jelly and mineral oil.
- The CeraVe Ointment does not absorb quickly. So if you are an impatient person then this will not amuse you.
- At times, it can also be difficult to squeeze it out from the tube.
- It is not completely clean as it contains mineral oil.
- It may be a bit expensive for some people but it is worth the money!
How Does Cerave Ointment Feel On Skin?
If you are sensitive to greasy textures and have acne-prone skin then don’t worry about whether you will be able to use this ointment or not as it has got your back! It is free from lanolin and hence it does not matter if you are sensitive to greasy textures or you have acne-prone skin, you can use this product.
It is accepted by the National Eczema Association as a good option for sensitive skin and also has a very lightweight texture. Although we have to say that the CeraVe Healing Ointment is not an easy and fast-absorbing product. Hence, if you are using it on your palms or feet it may be a bit more slippery for a minute or so.
What Can Be The Possible Results?
All the possible results you can get after applying the CeraVe Healing Ointment are mentioned below. But you should remember to apply this product consistently to get the best desired results.
After applying this healthy and natural healing ointment consistently you will see your skin full of hydration. If you have applied this on your lips then within only few hours you will experience your lips be soft, smooth, and plumed. It will add extra nourishment. If you applied it to your cuts and wounds then it will heal more quickly. Your chapped and dry skin will soon be boosted with hydration and also protect your skin barrier.
Remember you will only see the desired results only if you apply The CeraVe Healing Ointment consistently.
Side Effects of Cerave Ointment
Emollients are substances that moisturize your skin and reduce itching and flaking. Zinc oxide, white petrolatum are the most commonly used emollients to protect your skin from irritation. It adds an oil layer on the top of your skin which holds water on the skin.
Most of the emollients can be used with utmost safety and effectiveness with no side effects. However, some people may experience stinging, burning, redness, or irritation. If it gets difficult to handle this all by yourself, then you should definitely go see a doctor.
Any serious allergic reaction to this healing ointment is very rare. However, if you experience any allergic reaction symptoms like itching, rashes, redness, dizziness, or swelling, you should immediately seek medical attention.
If you notice any kind of unusual changes in your skin such as a change in color, white patches, or redness then these may be a sign of skin infection and you should tell your doctor immediately about the unusual side effects.
These are not the only possible side effects that you may experience. If you notice any unusual changes other than the mentioned side effects then it is advisable to immediately talk to your doctor.
Precautions to Take for Cerave Ointment
There are certain precautions you should look into before applying the cerave ointment:-
- If you have health problems such as infections or sores then you should consult your doctor before applying the healing ointment.
- If you have allergies, try and communicate them to your doctor. This ointment contains inactive ingredients which may cause allergic reactions.
- It is unknown whether this drug passes into breast milk but consult your doctor especially when you are applying it in your breast area.
- If you have acne-prone skin then you should look for non-comedogenic on the label to avoid acne breakouts.
Tips to Use Cerave Ointment
Few extra tips for you that will keep you ahead of others:-
- If you are applying it on your face, then cleanse your face before using the healing ointment.
- For better and desired results, use the CeraVe Healing Ointment consistently.
- Apply it whenever you can as it will help quicken the healing process.
- Always consult your doctor or a pharmacist to avoid any skin infection or allergic reactions.
The CeraVe Healing Ointment is adored by many and for good reasons. It does exactly what it claims, moisturizes, soothes, repairs your dry skin inside out. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead, and give it a shot!