Braised Steak And Onions- Here’s How To Prepare.
Ever tried braised steak and onions at home? If not, you are missing on delicious taste.
Today I’m sharing a recipe that I had at Grandma’s place for dinner. She served this meal, and I was bowled over by it and asked for the recipe, and she gave it to me, so let’s know about the Luscious Braised steak and onions recipe.
Braising is simply a cooking method involving browning meat or onion in oil and then cooking it in a covered pan. The long, slow cook time helps develop flavor and turn the most brutal meat cuts into fork-tender.
Let’s find out how to prepare braised steak and onions at home.
Braised Steak And Onions
Ingredients required to prepare braised steak and onions:
– 1 kg Rump beef bite-sized
– 2-3 onions thick sort pieces
– 2 tbs plain flour
– 1 tbs salt
– 1 tbs Oliver pepper
– 2,1/2 tsp oil
– 2 stock cubes(chicken)
– 2-3 tbs Worcestershire sauce
– 1 pinch of black salt and pepper to taste
Method to prepare braised steak and onion:
- First oven and put this to 180-170 C. Now warming up the frying pan.
- Now, take a bowl, put some flour, season it with salt and Oliver pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- Take a piece of meat and cut it into finely bite-sized pieces and coat pieces in the flour mix.
- Put them into the frying pan and put a little bit of cooking oil to start the sizzling and brown meat off While browning.
- Start cutting up these onions into thick-sliced pieces, and by the time the meat turns halfway brownish.
- And Now Pour the brownish meat into oven-safe and now with these onions, dip them into flour, mix it around, and gently fry until they soften up and change color.
- After a few minutes, when onions have turned golden transfer, they pour it over bits of steak and add Worcestershire sauce covering meat at the base, give it a swirl, and put it into the preheated oven for 1,1/2 hours to 2 hours.
- We want it to lightly simmer away in the oven until it’s ready, two hours later.
- Please take out the bowl from the oven and let it cool down. Before giving it a test, sprinkle some black salt and pepper to make it a bit piquant. The dish tastes heavenly rich and sounds like a melting touch in the mouth.
Braised steak and onions are a delicious recipe to try out with so many variations. Here’s another delicious alternative you can attempt to relish your taste buds.
Braised steak and onions alternative recipe- Deep-fried steak
I’m sharing one of the similar recipes for adding crispy goodness to your meals into your doors.
Deep-fried steak is also called country fried steak or an American breaded dish. This dish consists of cubes of beefsteak coated with seasoned flour. This steak has a flavoury brown/golden crust and a very juicy seasoning.
- 4 Beef cube steaks
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Two eggs
- Three teaspoons of salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 2 cups flour
- One teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 cups peanut oil for frying
- Two tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
1. First, Get some buttermilk into a large bowl, and crack two eggs into a bowl, in with buttermilk and some salt and pepper, and whisk that all together to prepare the sauce. Put cut cube steaks in a ziplock bag and pour buttermilk over evenly coated steaks. Then put in the refrigerator to soften and slightly alkali the steaks( 4 hours minimum, overnight preferred )
2. Start with a couple of flour in an empty baking dish and season that with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Mix this to get evenly through the flour. Pull a couple of tablespoons out to use later for gravy.
3. Now, get buttermilk cube steaks out and put them in another baking dish, lay them into the flour, top the steaks with some flour and bring each back to the buttermilk for a second dip back the flour. Then we will press the flour into steaks and then transfer them to a sheet tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes—Fry them in an iron pan.
4. Fill only halfway with oil and get the temperature to about 350C. Press the breaded steak slowly and deep fry for 3 to 4 minutes. On each side, once it’s golden, transfer to a sheet tray with a paper towel on to drain excess oil.
5. While preparing gravy, get tablespoons of hot oil into another pan on medium heat, add the seasoned flour and whisk to blend for 3-4 minutes. Then add milk a little at a time, whisking to work the lumps out. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Add a little more black salt and pepper to perfect consistency.
6. Yeah, our fried steak is all set to serve and well to put with some gravy, and it tastes peppery gravy, crispy outside with texture perfection.
Try braised steak and onions at home and fill your cravings with this tastier, healthier dish.
Also, try all-time lamb mince recipes that your children will love.