The kitchen is one of the most crucial spaces in a house. Among its many other functions, it’s where we create scrumptious dishes to share with the entire family. That’s why with the rest of the house, it’s important to update your kitchen to reflect the changing needs of the household.
In the past few years, you’ve probably made a few tweaks to your bedroom, living space, and dining area. So why not do the same with your kitchen? We advise that you maximize the power of technology in updating your kitchen area with the rest of the house. Here are a few ways that you can do so:
Redesign Your Kitchen Virtually
- If you have an eye for design and want to see the final results before implementing anything, using a 3D kitchen design tool is for you. This would allow you to create your interior design masterpiece from scratch without making a complicated blueprint beforehand. No matter what your experience with designing, going by this route is very feasible.
- But if you’re still idea shopping, why not try the existing templates? You’d still be able to tweak it to reflect your taste if you want. An existing blueprint can also be rendered so you’d see the finalized design.
There are a lot of options in this area. Go with something that you can operate, given your skill level.
Get a Charging Drawer
- Don’t you just hate it when you’re following a recipe on YouTube and your mobile device runs low on battery? Many of the conveniences that we enjoy right now are somehow connected to our phones and tablets.
Because of this, it only makes sense to have a place where you can easily charge your gadgets. But that’s not the only reason you should get one. People usually congregate in the kitchen for many reasons. Having your charging drawer allows you to accommodate guests who may want to stay there while you’re preparing your dish.
- Another alternative to this would be secret sockets that you can just tuck away when you’re not using them. These work better if you’re working with limited kitchen space.
Consider Having a Central Command
- If you’re redesigning from scratch, there’s nothing more modern than having an automation system. Smart homes have been around for a while, and we can’t deny that technology will always be a part of our lives. Perhaps it’s time to embrace this.
- What would be covered through a central command depends on your preferences. With automation, you’d be able to control lighting, heating, sound, and many more. If this is something you’re interested in, discussing it with a professional installer would be your best move.
Get a Self-Cleaning Oven
- Scrubbing off grease and grime out of your oven is perhaps one of the most frustrating kitchen chores there is. But thanks to the advancements with the appliances there are today, you don’t have to deal with it anymore. Once you decide that it’s time to retire your oven, we highly recommend a self-cleaning one.
The modern version of your average oven comes with the pyrolytic cleaning function which heats your oven to an extremely high temperature. This, in turn, would burn away all the grease without you having to scrub. All you’d have to do is wipe the ash with a damp cloth.
- If you don’t have a budget for this, a relatively cheaper version would be the ones fitted with catalytic liners on the side. These are no help with the doors and trays but would still significantly cut down your cleaning time.
Get a Warming Drawer
- This may be considered a luxury, but this little change can make a big difference. Especially during the colder seasons, having everything warm can improve your overall experience. Staying warm in winter helps your body fend off viruses and other illnesses, so it makes sense to pay extra attention to how you can help your family stay warm.
It may not seem much, but imagine how great it would be to be served soup in a bowl that’s not freezing cold. All you’d need to do is store the plates and bowl there for a few minutes before use.
- But apart from keeping the heat up, a warming drawer can also be used for defrosting food or warming up a cold meal. If you like baking, this drawer would also help the bread to rise.
Modernizing your kitchen doesn’t just mean following the latest trends in interior design. It also means incorporating technology to make your life better and easier. But more importantly, it’s important to prioritize changes that would bring the most impact to your life.
We hope the tips above helped give you an idea of what your next move should be. We wish you the best of luck!