There is no shame in admitting how difficult it is to prepare tiffin for our loved ones. Rice paper rolls chicken has been one of the best cuisines for the children. While most of us crave the chicken’s taste, we often neglect it due to the fat associated with the same. The idea of not eating healthy has destroyed many dreams in the United States and continues to do so in other countries.
Therefore, we all needed an ultimatum to this story. Well, all our problems will be solved with this healthy substitute to the old fatty grilled chicken in a massive quantity of oil and butter. Rice paper rolls chicken brings in all the flavor and cuts down on the extra oil that had an itch in our stomach.
This season, Sleck brings the ultimate solution for your rice paper rolls chicken problems. In the solution, we will substitute the rice noodles with actual rice to make it healthier and more filling. If you wish to enjoy a gluten-free experience, try to substitute regular soy sauce with the best-in-class tamari (or other gluten-free alternatives).
This article helps one explore their preferred choice of sides and the rice paper rolls chicken. It will also cover different items to prepare for a better dining experience. Let’s dig into the various ingredients and steps that one must follow to prepare the best rice paper rolls chicken.
Rice Paper Rolls Chicken Recipe – Ingredients and Method
To prepare the best rice paper rolls chicken recipe, we must be firm with the quantity and quality of all the natural products. Raw ingredients should be of good quality to experience the best food ever. The quantity mentioned here will be easy for 3 to 4 servings and take around 30 minutes to prepare.
- Rice vinegar ( 1/4th cup along with 2 tablespoons)
- Cooked Chicken, well-shredded (2 cups; you are free to use leftover chicken or rotisserie)
- Brown sugar (4 teaspoons)
- 1 large carrot, well-shredded to match the chicken chums
- Kosher Salt
- 10-12 Boston Lettuce leaves
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- Peeled cucumber
- 4 finely chopped scallions
- ½ cup of fresh mint leaves, basil/cilantro
- ½ cup of white rice
- ½ cup of chunky peanut butter
- Soy Sauce (usually 2 tablespoons, but one is free to add more as per taste)
All the ingredients have been considered to ensure that the dish is not spicy. Therefore, individuals are free to explore the spices and get a better outcome.
Well, cooking rice paper rolls chicken has never been this easy. With this 5 step process, one can easily prepare their best dish and enjoy it marvelously.
The first process is to whisk the 1/4th cup of rice vinegar with two tablespoons of sugar in a bowl and wait for the sugar to dissolve. Once the sugar has dissolved properly, we need to add chicken and the carrot; after this, we need to season the same with salt for the taste and let it marinate properly.
It’s time to prepare the rice paper properly to add to the fillings. With a large bowl of warm water, soak the rice paper until it slightly softens. The process must be repeated in the batch of two for 15-20 seconds. Apart from it, make sure to cover the rest with a damp cloth to avoid curling. Once the rice paper has turned slightly soft, we need to move to the cutting board and remove the excess water by patting it dry.
While the rice paper is on the cutting board, place a piece of lettuce on it with only 0.5 inches on both edges. On the top, place the marinated mixture of chicken and carrot and add small pieces of scallion and cucumber. Mint leaves and another spoon of rice on the top will bring in the actual flavors that we have been waiting for. Therefore, this is your time to explore the perfect combination of chicken, rice, and carrot. Apart from it, everyone can explore the different vegetables available for topping. If anyone likes the sour taste, they can add pickles to the filling.
Now, it’s all about how you wrap the rice paper without tearing it into pieces. We need to be careful about how we roll up the paper into a cylinder to do so. While doing so, we need to tuck the edges inside and roll the paper to seal the same. Once the rolling is done, cover it with a towel while you fold all the other rolls so that the moisture remains intact. Apart from it, cut the rolls in half to let the flavors out.
It’s time to prepare the dipping sauce. Whisk peanut butter with soy sauce, along with 3 tablespoons of water and the remaining rice vinegar. One can even add sugar for the tender sweetness we all love to explore. Mix it well, and the dipping sauce is ready for everyone to enjoy.
The rice paper rolls chicken recipe is as simple as it looks. There is no tacky substitute for the same, and therefore, one must not lookout for it.
Why consider serving sides with Rice Paper Rolls Chicken?
Even though rice paper rolls chicken are one of the kid’s favorite, the taste can be a little boring if it is a regular day food. Therefore, it is imperative to deal bring in different flavors for everyone. Serving sides with the same can be an excellent choice. This will also help in adding different veggies and nutrients to the meal.
However, one must also consider that the side dish isn’t too heavy for the individuals to have. With all the factors under consideration, we have formulated some of the best side dishes that one can serve with rice paper rolls chicken.
#1 Brussels Sprouts Latkes
Everyone isn’t a huge fan of sprouts, but when preparing Brussels sprout latkes, this dish can act as the ultimate side for rice paper rolls chicken. The total preparation time can be calculated between 30-35 minutes, including the cooking time.
Well, this crisp, golden-colored potato has been loved by everyone. Let’s jump into the ingredients and the cooking direction to make it easier.
- Russet Potato, peeled. (Select the quantity depending on the people to serve)
- Peeled and Halved onion (the quantity should be lesser than the russet potato)
- Brussels sprouts, around 1 pound of it with every one potato (shred and trim the sprouts properly)
- Lightly whisked two eggs
- Lightly whisked egg white
- Sour cream for the serving
- All-purpose flour as needed
- Flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil (one can use peanut or canola oil)
- The first step is to grate the onions properly and remove the moisture. Take a towel and place it on your counter. Now use the box grater and grate the onion on your towel. Remove the excess moisture from the onion and squeeze it. In the end, transfer the onion into another container.
- If the previous towel is damp, pick up another towel and grate the potato just like you did with the onion and transfer the same to the onion bowl.
- In the previous container, pour in your Brussels sprouts, potato, and onion to combine it all. Apart from it, add egg white, eggs, salt and pepper (as per taste), and flour. Mix them all until they are correctly combined.
- On a heated frying pan, pour oil and ½ cup of Brussels sprouts. Spread the sprouts over the pan using a spatula and cook until the mixture is golden and crispy.
- Once you are done with the same, serve the latkes as soon as the preparation is completed. Hot and crispy latkes are the best to consume.
#2 Eggplant Pizza
While most of us are worried about not finding the right sides for our rice paper rolls chicken, eggplant pizza has the best gluten-free option available in the market. However, many of us are allergic to eggplant, and therefore, keeping the preference in mind is always necessary. You don’t want to serve allergies to your friends on holiday. The total cooking time will range from 25-35 minutes depending on the quantity cooked and the number of people helping.
- Sliced Eggplants (Choose the quantity depending on the people needed to be served)
- A small cup of olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper and salt
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce
- Cherry tomatoes halved adequately in two
- Properly torn basil leaves
As complex as baking pizza can get, preparing eggplant pizza is simple. With easy-to-go steps, one can prepare the dish on their own. Well, now your rice paper rolls chicken won’t be left alone.
- Cut the eggplant in a proper slice and oil it on both sides. Season it properly with salt and pepper. One is free to explore the spices as per their choice.
- Prepare your oven to cook at 400 F and roast the eggplant for 10-12 minutes.
- Now, add marinara sauce on top of the eggplant slices and add the halved tomatoes on top of it. This will act as the perfect topping for the base.
- Put the tray back in the oven to toast the cheese properly. Keep it in there for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish each slice with basil and serve the pizza as one would wish for it.
Experience this dish with Pure Wow.
#3 Buttermilk Skillet Cornbread
Let me introduce the best side one can look for when they talk about rice paper rolls chicken. This buttermilk cornbread which is loaded with cheese, brings in the exotic flavors of chiles and sets the mood for breakfast. Cornbread always has that crunchiness and moisture; however, we have something to top the same. With tomatoes and scallions on the run, one will surely love the flavors.
While this recipe is created using tomatoes and scallions, one can discover the different summer vegetables included in it. Corn, bell pepper, and zucchini are preferred vegetables apart from tomatoes and scallions.
- 1 cup of cornmeal and all-purpose flour each
- Powdered sugar (3 tablespoons)
- Baking powder (1.5 teaspoons) and baking soda (1/4th teaspoon)
- Kosher salt (1 teaspoon)
- Buttermilk (1 cup)
- Melted Butter (about 5 tablespoons)
- 2 large eggs
- Cherry Tomatoes (halved for toppings)
- A bunch of scallions
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
The process can be broadly divided into two halves where we need to prepare the cornbread and toppings separately. Let’s start with cornbread.
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease the skillet with non-stick spray.
- Take a large bowl and pour the cornmeal with flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Whisk the mixture properly and add buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs. Now, whisk the mixture again to get the smoothness we all deserve.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and even the top layer.
- In the toppings, pour the tomatoes along with scallions, olive oil, pepper, and salt to combine. Pour this mixture on cornbread butter.
- Now, back the whole skillet for at least 25-30 minutes until one of the toothpicks inside the cornbread comes out. It is essential to cool down the cornbread before serving; therefore, we recommend leaving it at room temperature for the next 20-25 minutes.
These were the three best sides that can be quickly served with rice paper rolls chicken. However, you are free to find a side of your own and make the best of the festival you are celebrating. If you want to share any suggestions, comment below, and we will add them up for you.