There’s no way your kid does not love a good orange cake recipe. The only dessert that they crave is cakes. One of the healthiest recipes is the orange cake, which brings in all the required nutrients while keeping the fat down. However, you can’t expect a cake to be healthy like any other supplements available in the market. The orange cake recipe is relatively healthier than other cakes in the market.
Whatsoever, there is a never-ending discussion with preparing the perfect recipe for your orange cake. While we enjoy every slice of it, the cake can be challenging to prepare simultaneously. After months of effort, the perfect dough is prepared. You wouldn’t want the dough to be too soft or hard on the tongue; this can ruin the whole texture. Therefore, here we are with the best orange cake recipe 2022 that one can think of.
With the best chefs at Sleck, we have curated the best cake that we all deserve to experience. The entire importance lies in the ingredients which are prepared without using mixers. The soft and moist cake melts in the mouth like it was meant to be. Apart from it, the orange juice and zest make it even better to enjoy the cake as dessert or deal with your craving.
The best part about baking the orange cake recipe is the simplicity that it comes with. All we need is the essential ingredients and some bowl and a whisk. One doesn’t have to worry about the messy old rituals that follow a mixer. There is no denying that sometimes simplicity is the best option to opt for. The tenderness and moisture melt in your mouth, giving you the citrus punch that we all have been waiting for. Apart from it, the use of fresh fruits makes it even better. Without missing out on much, let’s dig into the different ingredients that one will need to bake the orange cake recipe.
Best Orange Cake Recipe 2022
Preparing an orange cake recipe is no big deal if you are already into the bakery. Most of the ingredients used for the cake will be available at your place itself, therefore, giving you free access to baking the same as soon as you get into the game. Let’s find out the different ingredients required.
- Orange – While most of us prefer to use packaged orange juice, it is necessary to use orange zest to squeeze out fresh juice for the cake. Having orange zest brings in the real flavor of citrus as it contains more oil than juice. Therefore, be prepared to buy a good kilo of oranges from the market if you don’t have it at your place.
- Baking Powder – Well, this isn’t something new to the people who bake regularly. Using fresh baking powder allows one to experience fluffy dough in the making. Watching the dough rise in the oven while being baked in the ultimate pleasure we look out for.
- Oil – Choosing the right oil for your orange cake recipe is crucial. Even though we know the different types of oil, associating it with oranges can get tricky in the long run. We need to look out for oils that bring people the right tenderness and moisture. Apart from it, with the right choice of oil, we can inhibit gluten formation in the batter, making it delicious and tender.
- Powdered Sugar – We will get a lot of hatred for choosing powdered sugar, but this is appropriately the right option for this cake. Even though there are other options in the market, it is your choice to pick up a suitable sweetener for your batter. Powdered sugar is readily available in departmental stores.
Apart from it, be prepared with vanilla, eggs, salt, all-purpose flour, and sugar.
If you are new to this, use the ingredients mentioned below.
- 300gs of all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- Salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 200gs of granulated sugar and 120gs of powdered sugar
- About 3 oranges or 2 tablespoons of orange zest
- Vegetable Oil (about 1 cup)
- 3 large eggs
- Vanilla extract (about 1 tablespoon)
Let’s jump into how to make the best orange cake recipe come true.
The process starts with whisking all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt together to make a thick paste out of it.
In another bowl, take the orange zest and combine it with sugar. While you don’t like using your fingers, it is crucial to zest the sugar with your hand and turn it into light orange.
Once you are done with it, add eggs, oil, vanilla, orange juice, and whisk the whole thing together until it turns into a thick mixture. Don’t forget to crack the eggs before adding them to the bowl.
Now add all of the wet ingredients into the flour mixture that we formed in step 1. After that, look out for a loaf pan and butter it nicely to pour the batter in it. This cake must be baked for 1 hour 10 minutes at 350 F. However, if you are not good with time, you should insert a wooden toothpick in the middle of the batter and wait for it to come out. Once it does so, the cake will be ready and baked.
Now, it’s time to pour in the last touch but add the orange glaze on top of the cake. Do the same until a smooth layer forms on top of the cake. Leave it there until the cake cools down, and then cut it into good slices to be served with the best sides of your choice. Leaving it for 30 minutes can get you going.
Well, this recipe is the best you will find out in the wild. The article isn’t over until you get the pro tips from professionals who have been making for years. Orange cake recipe should be baked with proper instructions; otherwise, you might end up ruining it. Therefore, follow the pro tips mentioned below and enjoy baking the cake like a professional.
Orange Cake Recipe – Pro Tips
- Even though it might feel that rubbing the orange into the sugar is a hectic job, it is undoubtedly the one we must focus on. Orange cake is based on the oil secreted from the zest, making the aroma taste like nothing else. Therefore, it is essential to squeeze the orange zest properly into the sugar, which will help sugar absorb all the oil. However, if one avoids this step, they might end up with large lumps of sugar with a slight taste of orange, which might not be a good experience.
- If you are new to this idea, it is always better to use a scale to measure your flour. If you aren’t fortunate enough, make sure to fluff the flour with a spoon and level it correctly in your cups. Once you are done with it, make sure to level it with a knife. Spooning the dough in the bowl will help you stop overpacking the measuring cup.
- The most common mistake committed by anyone is to mix the egg right after they get it out of the refrigerator. Even though it might not seem like a big problem, adding a cold egg to the flour can form a lump that can get difficult to deal with. Therefore, bring the eggs out and get them to room temperature by covering them with a towel dipped into warm water.
- One of the most important things to keep in mind is not over-mix the batter; this can make the cake crumbly and tough. Apart from it, squeezing the orange zest comes with a lot of responsibility. To create the best orange cake recipe, it is necessary to juice the zest properly. To do so, I recommend you use a Microplane grater. However, if you are still unsure how to juice the zest, make sure to avoid the white parts on the orange as it can turn the cake bitter. Also, make sure to free the oranges by bringing them under room temperature and rubbing them under your palm; this will free the zest and make it easier to squeeze.
Well, those were some of the classic pro tips that you can ever receive when it comes to preparing the best orange cake recipe in the town. However, as a beginner, it is natural to have endless questions, and to help our viewers, we have come up with some of the most asked questions of all time. Check them below in this article.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How to store the cake?
Storing the orange cake is not a big task; you have to use an airtight container which will help you store the same for almost 5-6 days. For the best result, you can start storing the cake in the refrigerator after day 3. If the airtight container doesn’t work out with you, try to wrap it with plastic wrap. However, it is wise to place toothpicks to avoid sticking to the plastic icing wrapper.
Q2. What can make the cake light and fluffy?
We all want the cake to be the best, and therefore, it is crucial to have the right ingredients for the same. To do so, you need to whisk butter and sugar together correctly. However, make sure not to whisk the butter and sugar too much as it will punch out all the air from the cake, making it complicated.
Q3. What should you use for your Cake – Oil or Butter?
Speaking of the texture, whisk the sugar with oil and not butter. Oil brings a superior texture by making the cake loftier and even more crumby and moist. However, making the cake with butter will be a better idea for taste. Therefore, it’s a trade-off between texture and taste, which you have to choose wisely.
The article has covered all the essential points required for the best orange cake recipe out there. However, if you still face any issues, comment it down below, and our team will reach out to you as soon as possible. Sleck also brings in exclusive recipes when it comes to experiencing new tastes. One of the best recipes out here is the corned beef recipe. Check it out, and let us know what you feel about the same.
Also, check out this orange cake recipe on YouTube.