Table of Contents
Facebook is one of the biggest and most popular platforms for the task of connecting and interacting with our friends and also with some acquaintances who you might have for once or twice. The updated version of Facebook also brings some exciting features. Now, you can easily create your own stories and share your thoughts. In order to connect the community to Facebook, they also started showing the special feature of Friends Suggestion. Many people like this special feature and use it a lot, but some people may dislike this feature. They complained that this disturbs them by sending some unwanted notifications. Here we will discuss how to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook.
What is the feature known as Friend Suggestion?
It is a special feature in which Facebook itself can be able to send the name of friends who are actually living near your location or is connected to you somewhere. This feature will be able to facilitate the people to identify their relatives or friends near you.
How does this feature work?
Suppose you are living in a big city. You have some friends with whom you are not connected on Facebook. Now, Facebook will easily analyze those people who are living near your city or have some connection with you. They will notify you as to get connected with that person. If you want to know the person, then you can easily send them a friend request from this notification directly. This is the process of how you can make some good friends without searching for them with their names on Facebook.
Well, this article is to help those people who want to know about the process of how to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook. So, let’s discuss the methods through which you can easily complete the task of how to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook.
The methods of how to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook
You can’t be able to prevent the Friend suggestions on your Facebook completely, but with the help of using some ways, you can change some settings in order to prevent the problem of facing those unwanted friend suggestion notifications every day.
There are some ways by which you can easily complete the task of how to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook, like:
- By turning off the friends’ suggestions
- By turning off the location permission through the settings
- By turning off the email notifications.
So, let’s discuss these ways of how to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook.
Method 1: How to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook by turning off the friend suggestion on Facebook
This is a big fact that you can’t be able to turn off the Facebook friend notifications completely, but in order to prevent the effect of the notifications of the friend suggestions, you can be able to turn off the Facebook friend suggestions setting from your phone easily. Follow these steps mentioned below to turn off the feature known as Facebook friend suggestions in your Facebook:-
- If you’re using a desktop, then, first of all, you need to open your browser and then search the official website of Facebook. If you want to do this process on the phone, then just open your Facebook app and then carefully follow the next step.
- Next, you have to fill in your credentials on the search bar of Facebook to log in to your account.
- After that, the process becomes the exact same for desktop as well as the phone of any type of operating system which can easily support Facebook. Now, you have to go to your Facebook setting which, can be able to appear in the corner area of your screen.
- Now, you have to select the option of notifications. If you select this specific option, then a new page will immediately open the screen. Next, find the option of “People you may know” and then just click on it.
- When you select this specific option, then a new page will open and an option displaying “disable notifications’ ‘will appear clearly on your screen. After that, just click on this option and then come back to the home screen.
After completing all of these steps mentioned above, you can easily turn off your notifications from Facebook. Now, Facebook can’t be able to send you any notifications, including any notifications of friend suggestions, and Facebook will stop friend suggestion.
Method 2: How to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook by Turning off your location from the settings
This is probably one of the best ways if you want to do the task of how to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook. This trick is not the same in the Android devices and iOS devices.
How to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook by the process of turning off the locations from settings in Android devices
Let’s discuss how to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook through this process, which is by turning off the locations from the settings menu in Android phones.
- First of all, unlock your phone and then open the app menu in it. Next, search the icon of settings in it, which will look like a nut-bolt-shaped icon.
- After that, just click on the option showing settings and then find the option displaying ‘Apps’ in the list or menu bar of the settings.
- After you click on this option, a list of some applications that have been installed on your phone will appear.
- Now, you have to find the icon of your Facebook and then click on it. After the icon of Facebook is open, just click on the option showing ‘permissions’.
- Lastly, find the option showing ‘Location’ which is mentioned clearly on your screen. In this specific option, a new option will appear through which you can be able to turn on or off your location. So, you have to click on it to turn off the location.
How to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook by the process of turning off the locations from settings in iPhone devices
- First of all, just unlock the phone and find the option showing “settings” on your iPhone. Next, carefully find out the option of privacy in the setting menu of the device.
- Now, you need to click on the privacy option, which will lead you automatically to a new page of options.
- After that, search for the option of ‘Location services‘ which will appear easily on your screen in the options listed.
- Next, a list of some apps will immediately appear on your screen. This list will take the app which needs the information of your location to properly operate. Now, search the icon of Facebook and just click on it.
- Now, you can turn off the location services in the option of permissions. So, lastly, click on that option and complete the entire process.
Method 3: How to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook by the process of turning off email notifications
If you don’t wish to get the friend’s suggestions and notifications on your email, then you can go for this trick or process to prevent this unwanted problem.
- Firstly, you have to open your Facebook app or the official website from your device, which you are using. Next, go to the setting option, which will appear on the right corner area of your screen.
- In that settings option, you have to find the option showing ‘Notifications’ and then click on it after it is found. After that, go to the ‘Notifications settings’ and search for the option showing ’email’ on it. There is no need to worry as you can see this specific option on your screen easily.
- Now, all you have to do is to mute the notifications just by clicking a special option named ‘Mute push notifications’.
(Point to be noted: If you wish to accept the notifications from some of your contacts, then you can also be able to allow the notification in settings).
So, all of these are some of the ways by which you can easily do the task of how to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook, which will automatically prevent the problem of getting unwanted friends notifications without any doubt.
Staying active on social media is the trend now. However, there may be the situation when you want to take a break from the platform and spend some undisturbed time. This blog on How To Take A Break From Facebook: Everything You Need To Know! will surely satisfy you.