In this article, I am going to show you exactly how to save a Webpage as a PDF.
Saving a webpage as a PDF can benefit you in numerous ways.
For example, you can access the webpage whenever you want to even if you don’t have an internet connection or if the owner has made changes to the page or removed it permanently for some reasons, you will still have access to it – these are just some of the benefits of saving a webpage as a PDF but there are many more that can make your life a lot easier.
But let’s just accept it, most of us are aware of these benefits. And not knowing the process of saving a webpage as a PDF is something that prevents us from availing of these benefits.
But not anymore because we are here to help you and make your life easier.
Go through the simplest step-by-step guide to save a webpage as a PDF.
Note – This guide is for both computer and mobile users. So you can go through the sections as per your requirements.
For PC Users
How To Save a Webpage As a PDF In Chrome
1. Open up the webpage that you want to save as a PDF.
2. Click on the three verticle dots icon that is visible in the top-right corner of your browser.
3. You will see a drop-down menu, select Print.
4. A window will pop up on your screen and you will be able to see a section of Destination. Click on it and select Save as PDF.
5. You can see a preview of your generated PDF. There will also be an option of More Setting. Click on it if you want to make changes in page size, paper per sheet, margins, etc.
6. When you are done with changes, click on the Save button. To complete the process, click the second save button.
7. You can also choose the location of where you want to save your PDF. If you want to change the name of the file before it, you can do that too.
How To Save a Webpage as a PDF In Microsoft Edge
In Microsoft Edge, the Print option is again going to help you in saving a webpage as a PDF.
1. Click on the three horizontal dots that you can see on the top-right corner of your browser.
2. Now a drop-down menu will appear where you can select the option of Print.
3. In the popped-up window on your screen, select the down arrow that you can see under the Printer and choose the Save as PDF option.
4. Click on More Settings if you want to make some changes in paper size, pages per sheet, scale, etc.
5. When done with changes select Save.
6. Before saving the file, you will be allowed to select the location to save your PDF file and make changes in its name.
7. When you are done with all the changes, select Save.
How To Save a Webpage As a PDf In Internet Explorer
Here also the Print option will help you in saving a web page as a PDF.
1. Select the gear icon that is available in the upper right corner of your window.
2. After clicking on the gear icon, a drop-down menu will appear, choose the Print option.
3. You can also use the shortcut key Ctrl+P.
4. Now a window will pop up on your screen where you can see the Select Printer section, choose Microsoft Print to PDF then click on Print.
5. You will get an option to select the location where you want to save the file. And you can also change the name of the file before saving it.
6. When done with all the changes, select Save.
How To Save a Webpage As a PDF In Safari
Saving a web page as a PDF in Safari is pretty simple.
1. Click on the File which you can see in the menu bar on the top left. After clicking on it, a drop-down menu will appear.
2. Choose the option Export As PDF.
3. Select the location where you want to save your PDF file and make changes in the file name if required.
4. Select Save, when all changes are done.
How To Save a Webpage As a PDF In Firefox
Again here in Firefox, we are going to save a webpage as a PDF with the help of the Print section.
1. Click on the three horizontal lines that are located in the upper right corner.
2. A drop-down menu will appear, select Print or use the shortcut key Ctrl+P.
3. Now a window will pop up on your screen, click the down arrow under the Destination section. Then select Save to PDF and click on Save.
4. Choose the location where you want to save your file and modify the name if you want to. After getting done with all the changes, click on Save.
For Mobile Users (IOS And Android Both)
Here is the guide for mobile users.
How To Save a Webpage As a PDF In Android
1. Open the webpage you want to save as a PDF on your chrome app.
2. Click on the three-dot icon that you can see in the upper right corner.
3. You will get to see a drop-down menu where you have to select Share.
4. Now, a menu will appear on the bottom of your screen where you have to tap on Print.
5. You will be able to see a down arrow on the upper right of your screen, Tap on it, a drop-down menu will appear, select Save As PDF.
6. Now when you want to save your file. Tap on the blue circle that has a downward-pointing arrow and PDF icon (you can see in the below image).
That’s it, you have successfully saved your file. How easy was it, right?
How To Save a Webpage As a PDF In iPhone
1. Open up your Safari app and go to the webpage that you would like to save as a PDF.
2. Now tap on the AA icon that is located at the left of the smart search bar. When the drop-down menu appears, choose Show Reader View.
3. Tap on the share icon that is visible at the bottom of your mobile’s screen.
4. Select the Books icon that you can see when you go through the share app options.
5. If you are using an older version, then this option will be labeled as Save PDF to Books.
6. Tap on More if you cannot find this option. Then go through the available apps and tap on Books when you find it. If you still can’t find this, most likely, that webpage can’t be saved as a PDF.
7. Okay, now when you will select the Books app, your file will be fully prepared. And the app will open your brand new PDF file. Remember, there is no need to worry if it is taking a few minutes to complete the formating, it is completely normal.
That’s it! now you are well aware of how to save a Webpage as a PDF. So go ahead, share it with your colleagues, email someone or use it as you want to.
I hope this guide was helpful to you.
More Articles That May Help You