Table of Contents
How To Get Rid Of Double Chin- 3 Amazing Ways To Get Your Desired Chin
one of the most common issues in millennials is how to get rid of a double chin. If you have a double chin and tired of it or if you are wondering how to get rid of a double chin, we have all the information that could be useful for you.
There are different names assigned to double chin, if you read somewhere about submental fat, know that we are talking about double chin itself. It is quite common nowadays and occurs when layers of fat deposit below the chin.
In most conditions, the double chin is often related to gain in weight. But, this does not mean you have to gain weight, and then only you will have a double chin, there are few more reasons that are associated with a double chin, these include loose skin or genetics. If you are aged, you need not worry about it as it is quite common because the skin becomes loose and saggy with age as collagen is lost.
If you are troubled with a double chin and searching for ways on how to get rid of a double chin, here are some ways you can try to see great results.
How To Get Rid Of A Double Chin
There are 3 major ways that are very efficient in solving your problem, you may try all three or anyone and stick to it.
1. How To Get Rid Of A Double Chin By Exercising
Although there are no scientific studies or evidence that exercises work for losing a double chin or getting rid of it, there are few anecdotal pieces of evidence that you can refer to.
Here are 6 amazing exercises that will eventually help you in toning the muscles and strengthening the skin under your chin area. Unless you are indicated to perform something different, refer to these exercises and repeat them daily from 10 to 15 times to see results.
1. Straight Jaw Jut
Follow the steps to follow this exercise and know-how to get rid of a double chin.
- Tilt your head towards the back and look above towards the ceiling of your room.
- Push the lower jaw forward so that your jaw feels a stretch under your chin.
- This is called jaw jut. Hold this for a count of 10.
- Just relax your jaw and again return the head to the normal or neutral position and then keep repeating it.
2. Ball Exercise
- You need a ball to perform this exercise. Just place a ball of size 9 inch or 10 inches under the chin.
- Press the chin downwards against the ball placed.
- Repeat this press nearly 25 times in a single day.
3. Pucker Up
- Again tilt your head backward and look at the ceiling of your room.
- Pucker both your lips in the form of a kiss as if you are kissing the ceiling so that area beneath the chin is stretched fully.
- Hold the position for few seconds and then get back to normal position slowly.
4. Neck Stretch
- Tilt your head back again so that you are in a position looking at the ceiling.
- Press your tongue against your mouth’s roof and hold it there for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Get back to the normal position. This exercise is great for double chin and jawline as well.
5. Tongue Stretch
- Look straight and keep your tongue out to stretch it as much as you can.
- Now lift the tongue towards your nose and upward.
- Hold the same for 10 seconds and then rest or relax back to the neutral position.
6. Bottom Jaw Jut
- Again tilt your head backward and look at the ceiling of your house.
- Now turn the head towards the right.
- Slide the bottom jaw forward.
- Hold this for 10 seconds and then release it back to normal position.
- Repeat the process by looking towards the right and left.
These exercises have worked for many, just try them out and see if they are useful to you or not. Along with these exercises you need to pay attention to your diet too. Let’s see how to get rid of a double chin using a great diet.
2. How To Get Rid Of A Double Chin Through Diet
If you feel that you have recently gained a lot of weight due to overeating or other reasons, try working out as it will help you burn the weight. Losing weight again will either help you get rid of it completely or making it smaller.
The best way you can use to lose weight is through a good diet and workout routine. Presenting you some healthy guidelines on how to eat and what to eat will help you figure out how to get rid of a double chin.
- Try to eat four servings of veggies on daily basis.
- Try to eat four servings of nutritional fruit on daily basis.
- Replace the refines grains in your house using whole grains as they will help you lose weight.
- Do not eat ultra-processed foods.
- Try to eat more lean protein, for example, fish and poultry.
- Consume more healthy fats like olive oil, nuts, and avocados.
- Try to avoid fried foods as much as possible.
- Eat more dairy products that are low in fats.
- Reduce intake of sugar as much as possible.
- Start practicing portion control.
As you keep losing weight, there will be a significant change in your face including weight loss. If you wish to boost the process of your weight loss, you also need to start moderate physical activities along with a healthy and balanced diet.
You can do activities like walking, jogging, or skipping for 30 minutes to 45 minutes daily or 300 minutes per week if you go for walking only. You can also practice strength training twice or thrice a week. Doing cardio ad strength training alternatively can be really helpful for you.
Intense physical activities or exercises like mowing the lawn, gardening, or carrying groceries also count in your workout goals. Try to complete all your work by yourself.
3. How To Get Rid Of A Double Chin Using Treatments
If you have tried all the remedies given above related to workout, exercises, and diet changes and still haven’t got any solutions for how to get rid of double chin, do not worry. There are some treatments specially designed to get rid of double chin issues.
If your double chin has resulted due to genetics, then fighting methods that use exercises might be useful for you. It is still not clear that exercise will work for everyone out there, so consider these treatments.
Lipolysis is also called liposculpture. This process uses heat or liposuction from lasers to help you get rid of stored fat under your chin. This helps in contouring the skin. Mostly a local anesthetic works well during the process of lipolysis in treating your double chin. Lipolysis, however, is only used to get rid of fat or melt stored fat, it wouldn’t do anything to the skin.
Lipolysis might have some sort of side effects in some people. These include:
Another method that can help in removing excess fat is mesotherapy. It helps in delivering small amounts of fat-dissolving compounds inside your skin through a series of injections. It is a minimally invasive process.
Back in 2015, FDA approved a drug known as deoxycholic acid. This drug is injectable and is used in process of mesotherapy to help the body absorb stored fat.
You might require as many as 20 or more injections of deoxycholic acid in every treatment to get rid of a double chin. Between all the injections you are supposed to wait for at least a month.
You should know that deoxycholic acid if injected otherwise or improperly can even cause serious nerve damages. If you wish to opt for the treatment for mesotherapy, you are required to visit a professional and experienced plastic surgeon or doctor to get the treatment done. The doctor should have prior knowledge and cases related to the same issue.
Some side effects that may occur in the case of mesotherapy are:
The Bottom Line
The best way using which you can easily find a solution to your question of how to get rid of double chin is through maintaining a good diet and exercise routine. While you are in your process to lose a double chin, you have to remain consistent and patient. Unless you have chosen mesotherapy or liposuction as a method to get rid of double chin, do not assume and expect that double chin will vanish overnight.
Depending upon the size of the double chin you have, it might take from several months to a year or so for it to vanish or for you to see noticeable changes.
Maintaining a healthy decision can be really beneficial, not only in losing face fat or double chin, but it also reduces the risk of:
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Certain cancers
- Heart diseases
Unless you have tried all the other methods of reducing your double chin, do not directly jump onto surgical methods or lipolysis to get rid f it.
Also, if you have decided to change your diet and incorporate certain exercises to lose weight, try to consult a doctor and set healthy weight loss goals with the help of their advice. You can also talk to a nutritionist who can provide you an amazing diet plan that can complement your workout routine and help lose weight efficiently.
If nothing has helped you with reducing your double chin fat, you may proceed with the surgical options by taking advice from your doctors for the same. They can guide you very well by listing the advantages and side effects.