Before we look at how to clear the recently played list on the Spotify app, let us explore Spotify and its interface a bit.
Spotify is a music streaming app that has become quite popular over the past few years. In the pandemic, its usage shot up due to the various features it offers. These features not only allow you to enjoy music but in fact enjoy music collaboratively, where you can create a playlist together with your friends and share it with all. Another noteworthy feature of Spotify is that it allows you to create as well as listen to a variety of podcasts on a multitude of topics. In fact, you must be a Spotify user as well, since you are here reading an article on how to clear recently played on Spotify!
Some songs are very close to our hearts because of various reasons, but we might often forget their names. Spotify solves this problem for you with the ‘Recently Played’ list. After searching for a song on the search bar, the name of the song gets listed under the Recently Played section. This ensures that if you want to listen to the song again in the near future, you will be able to locate it easily instead of having to type it on the search bar all over again.
While this is in fact a very convenient and beneficial feature, some people might not want to clutter their Spotify screen with a lot of recently played songs. In such a case, the option to clear your ‘Recently Played’ on Spotify is available to you. If you are in love with music, then check out this article on the Sony 360 Reality Audio Speaker.
Before we enumerate the steps to clear your recently played section, there is one thing you should keep in mind. You can use the function to clear recently played on your Windows or Mac. The option to clear it is unfortunately not available on the mobile phone app or the Spotify web browser. However, once you make the changes through the desktop app, they will be reflected across all the devices that are linked to that particular account.
How to Clear Recently Played on Spotify?
You can simply follow the steps listed here on how to clear recently played on Spotify to make your troubles go away:
- Open up the Spotify app on your Windows PC or Mac as feasible.
- On the left hand side of the home page that comes up, you will find the Menu.
- On the list of options under the Menu, navigate to the Recently Played section.
- When you click on it, a sub menu will open up under the option.
- When you use your mouse to hover over one of the songs on that list, you will find a number of options. You will find the option to add the song to your Liked Songs, to listen to the song again, or to remove it completely from the section.
- In order to remove the song from the list, click on the three dots present on the right side on top of the song. Another list will open up once you click it.
- Select the option Remove from Recently Played once the list opens up. Once you do that, the song will be permanently removed from your recently played section.
- Once you delete the song, the change will be synced across all the devices where you use this account instantly.
Well, buying Spotify Premium brings out the best in class experience all over the globe. Check out their official website to know more.
Unfortunately, at present, there is no option that will allow you to clear the entire ‘Recently Played’ list with a single click. You will need to individually follow the above steps one by one for each song to remove all the songs from the ‘Recently Played’ section. Hopefully, Spotify will soon introduce a function that will allow one to perform this action at one go to save time and effort.
Well, with this article we are sure that all issues related to how to clear recently played on Spotify has been covered properly. If you have any suggestions or hacks to the techniques, feel free to share them in the Comment section below!