Table of Contents
Are you uncomfortable with the appearance of your smile? Do you have gaps between your teeth? Do you have unevenly sized teeth? Do you have discolored teeth? Do you have a cracked tooth?
If your answer is yes and you want to solve all these issues, then veneers are for you.
But wait, before getting them you should be aware of some important things including how much do veneers cost. Not only this, there are many more things that you should know and we will be considering them further.
In this article, we are going to explore every essential thing about veneers that you need to know. Keep reading…
What Exactly Veneers Are and How Much They Cost?
In simple words, veneers are considered a procedure done by a professional dentist to give a makeover to the teeth. This eventually gives a better appearance to the smile which allows an individual to smile openly without worrying about the appearance of teeth.
In technical terms, Healthline explains that veneers are shells that are thin and have a color like teeth. They get attached to the front part of your teeth and gives you a perfect smile.
So, veneers are for the betterment of your teeth. But how much do they cost?
See, unfortunately, there is not an exact cost for veneers. But still, there is an estimated value that can give you a decent idea about the cost of the veneers which is between $1000-$2500 veneers per tooth.
There are a few factors that influence the cost of veneers, including:
- Your locality – Your location really makes a difference. Because the cost can vary from place to place. For example, generally in New York, the cost of veneers will be higher than in any other rural area.
- The expertise of your doctor – How much experience and expertise your dentist is holding in his/her hand also influences how much do veneers cost.
- The size of your veneers – What size of the veneers you need also impacts the cost.
- The type of veneers you select – The type of veneer is another major factor that will affect the cost of your veneers.
The Different Types Of Veneers
According to NewMouth, there are 5 main types of veneers that you need to know about.
Porcelain veneers are the most common and chosen by most people as they have very long durability which is around 10 to 15 years. They are generally made up of ceramic material and have the ability to resist stains in a much better way.
Porcelain veneers will cost you around $925 to $2500 per tooth.
Composite veneers generally last quite less than Porcelain veneers, generally around 5 to 7 years. They will also cost you slightly less than Porcelain. They are made up of the material that is used for tooth-colored cavity fillings.
Composite veneers will cost you around $250 to $1500 per tooth.
Palatal veneers are considered a special type of veneers. They are generally used to treat the posterior teeth.
Palatal Veneers will cost you around $650 to $1200 per tooth.
Another type of veneer that can last very long, almost more than 20 years.
Lumineers are considered a brand of veneers that are very thin and don’t even require tooth reduction.
Lumineers will cost you around $800 to $2000 per tooth.
Non-permanent veneers are also known as Removable veneers. They are the least natural type of veneers and you can remove them at any time and anywhere.
Its lower and upper mold is made up of the teeth of the patient. Also, the good thing about non-permanent veneers is that they don’t require tooth reduction. They will also cost you very less than any other type of veneer.
But, it has also a downside which is that they can be very uncomfortable sometimes.
Non-permanent veneers will cost you around $470 to $600 for both lower and upper teeth.
Now, you might be wondering about which type of veneer is best, right?
According to the sources, Porcelain Veneers are considered the best type of veneers. Because they last for a very long time and gives you a perfect natural smile appearance.
Are There Any Ways To Reduce The Cost?
Veneers are expensive. There are very high chances that they won’t fit in many people’s budgets. And that’s why we are mentioning here some ways that can help you in paying off the veneers’ cost more easily.
- Talk to your dentist about payment plans – There are many dentists who have payment plans like EMI that help their patients to pay comfortably. Remember, this option will not reduce the cost but will help you to pay more easily.
- Go for dental discount plans – There are many dental discount plans that can help you by covering a portion of the total cost of veneers. Click here to know more.
- Get health fund cards – Health fund cards can also help you in reducing a portion of the cost of your veneers.
Are There Any Alternatives For Veneers?
Yes. If you and your dentist think that veneers are not a great fit for you, you can go for alternative treatments. These treatments can also be a great option to improve the appearance of your smile.
Here 4 major alternatives to veneers that Drs. Hadden and Whidden, LLC recommends:
- Dental Bonding – Mostly, dental bonding is for the people who have insufficient dental enamel and also for the people who are not comfortable in the permanent alteration of their teeth. This will cost you very less than the veneers. But keep in mind that they won’t be able to provide you all the benefits that veneers can provide.
- Teeth Whitening – If you just want to improve the color of your smile, teeth whitening is for you. It is known to be one of the most affordable and prompt alternative treatments. But it has also some downside. For example, it can only cure the stains of the things like coffee, tobacco, sodas, etc. Teeth whitening cannot cure the silver dental filling, discoloration teeth caused by any trauma, or any other big issue can’t be solved with the help of this alternative.
- Orthodontics – Have crooked teeth or malocclusion? If yes, then this alternative is best for you.
- Dental Crowns – Dental crowns have some similarities to veneers. This alternative is best for you if your tooth is damaged and its strength is reduced.
How To Know If You Need Veneers or Not?
You might be confused regarding if you need veneers or not. Don’t worry, here are some signs that indicate you need veneers.
- You are uncomfortable with your smile – If you don’t smile openly just because of the appearance of your teeth, then veneers are for you.
- You are having highly discolored and stained teeth – If your teeth are in this condition and any product is not working for you, then you should go for veneers.
- You have gaps between your teeth – There number of people who are bothered because of the unusual gap between their teeth. If you are also one of those, then go for veneers.
- You have broken, chipped, or cracked teeth – If one of your teeth is broken, chipped, or cracked and you want it to be fixed, then veneers can be one of the best options for you.
- You have uneven-shaped and misaligned teeth – This dental problem has been seen in many people. If you are also going through this, veneer might be a good solution.
- You have worn down teeth – If you have extremely worn down teeth and you want to fix them so that you can have a great smile appearance and stability for chewing the food, then veneers are for you.
If you have white spots on your teeth, check out this article to get the solution.
Remember – If you want to get veneers, it is a must to have all of your permanent teeth. Also, you shouldn’t have any kind of oral health issues like cavities, gum diseases, etc. If you have any, make sure to get the treatment before getting veneers.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Here are some questions regarding veneers asked by various people. You may also have some in your mind, have a look:
Are veneers painful?
One word answer: No
But there are chances that you may face sensitivity during the settling period but it’s completely normal and you shouldn’t worry.
Are Veneers Permanent?
Veneers are not considered permanent as they get replaced after a period of time.
Are Veneers Bad For Your Teeth?
Not at all. Veneers won’t damage the health of your natural teeth so there is no need to worry.
How Much Does a Full Set Of Veneers Cost?
A full set of veneers is extremely expensive. It will cost you around $10,000 to $40,000. This value is just roughly estimated, there are chances that it may cost more.
Can veneers fall off?
Yes, they can but it happens very rarely.
Are There Any Risks Or Side effects of Veneers?
Here are some of the most common side effects of veneers.
- Tooth damage
- Tooth sensitivity
- Veneer failure
What Does Dentist Do To Teeth Before Veneers?
Do Most Celebrities Get Veneers?
- Tom Cruise
- Mike Tyson
- Demi Moore
- Celene Dion
- Hilary Duff
- Emma Roberts
- Miley Cyrus
- Ben Affleck
- George Clooney
- Nicolas Cage
- Zac Effron
- Niall Horan
Conclusion | How Much Do Veneers Cost
Veneers are a perfect choice for you if you want to take your smile to the next level. This treatment is quite expensive but the benefits are tremendous.
If you have decided to get a veneer, we would recommend you to go to an experienced and well-known dentist so that you face the least complications.
So, that was all about how much do veneers cost? Now we hope that this article was helpful to you.